Splendour of the seas cabins

We've booked on Splendour in Oct 2015, with a guarantee cabin and just got us assigned to 7010. Our confirmation now shows D1, which is a "Superior Ocean view stateroom with balcony".

When I googled for cabin photos , some links are telling that this is a D3 (superior still, though) or even a E1 (Deluxe). There are even two kinds of deck plans available.

I think this might be due to before / after the 2011 refurb, but can anybody confirm?

7008, 7010, 7508 and 7510 seem to be similar in the deck plan which is on RCI web pages.

Another question is about the ipads. Are they available or not?

We are traveling with our 18 yrs old daughter. We've been with her on Freedom and we found a D-cabin to be just fine. Is this now similar or different in size?

Thanks for any info!

We've booked on Splendour in Oct 2015, with a guarantee cabin and just got us assigned to 7010. Our confirmation now shows D1, which is a "Superior Ocean view stateroom with balcony".

When I googled for cabin photos , some links are telling that this is a D3 (superior still, though) or even a E1 (Deluxe). There are even two kinds of deck plans available.

I think this might be due to before / after the 2011 refurb, but can anybody confirm?

7008, 7010, 7508 and 7510 seem to be similar in the deck plan which is on RCI web pages.

We are traveling with our 18 yrs old daughter. We've been with her on Freedom and we found a D-cabin to be just fine. Is this now similar or different in size?

Thanks for any info!

I don't know whether its an E1 or D1 but we were recently in aft 7636 which is a D1 and there were no ipads, in fact I don't think there are any ipads as our table mates were in a GS and didn't have one either.

The D1 was pretty much the same size/layout as those on Freedom/Voyager class and had a sofa bed.

Julie

Thanks for any info!

7010 is a D1.

Many sites other that Royal are using older outdated deck plans.

It could have been a D3 at one time as that difference is only in the number of guests that the cabin will accommodate.

E cabins are smaller so I doubt that this was ever an E cabin.

• 10 months later...
I don't know whether its an E1 or D1 but we were recently in aft 7636 which is a D1 and there were no ipads, in fact I don't think there are any ipads as our table mates were in a GS and didn't have one either.

The D1 was pretty much the same size/layout as those on Freedom/Voyager class and had a sofa bed.

Julie

Hello Julie

Today I booked on Thomson Discovery :D (the old Splendour of the Seas) in cabin 7636 - very excited!!

I haven't a clue whether Thomson will be refurbishing the cabins but wondered if you have any photos etc of the cabin and balcony - just so we can get an idea of what to expect.

We have never had an aft before and was very pleased to see this was still available. What did you think to the position and balcony etc? Actually, any info what-so-ever would be great.

Thanks

Hi,

We loved this cabin, the balcony is great. We had a table, 2 chairs and 2 loungers and still room to move around. Also being the corner balcony, there is metalwork on one side of the balcony which meant that one corner of the balcony always had an overhang for shade, this was great as some days it got really hot out there.

We did have a couple of days where we noticed a little soot in the morning, not a problem as we just used a towel to wipe it up. A few years previous we had an aft JS on Splendour and also had soot sometimes so it does happen on this ship.

We had quite a few aft cabins and noticed more of a vibration in this one, very noticeable the first day but we quickly got used to it.

I guess Thomson will be doing a dry dock so may not be an issue for you.

The actual cabin itself is a standard D1, so just like all the others, very little traffic back there though so very quiet.

I'm at work at the moment so will look for pics when I get home and post if I can find any good ones.

Julie

Thank you so much for your very quick reply :)

Thomson must have re-numbered the cabins because on their deck plan cabin 7636 is one cabin in from the starboard side and not a corner :confused:

But, as long as it's still an aft that the main thing :D

Photos would still be good tho! Don't suppose you had a sneek peek at next door?

Thanks again

Hi,

think I must have had a funny five minutes when I originally posted on this thread, just checked and we were in 7634:o, which is the corner aft, you are correct 7636 is next door!

No matter its still a similar cabin and the balcony is almost as big, just very slightly narrower, they still had plenty of room for the sunbeds.

There is a video on Youtube of 7634 (not my video), 7636 is the same apart from the steel wall on the balcony,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA0-SrY4yMI.

Sorry for the confusion, you have picked a great cabin,

Julie