Ncl pearl - 8630 aft penthouse suite

There are a couple of things that come into play.

What is your itinerary?

Are you early to bed kind of people or stay out late?

We've been in Aft penthouse suites twice on Jewel class ships. I love them. If you are doing an Alaska cruise, it is the best place to be. Yours is a corner suite, which makes it even better. The Haven on Jewel class ships doesn't give you much more than the non-Haven suites, and I don't see the benefit of the extra cost. You still have priority boarding, concierge, butler, suite passenger dining, and priority disembarkation.

With that being said...8630 is above the Bliss lounge. I've never stayed on 8 (both times we were on 10), but I've heard that the music from Bliss can, and does, go until 1 or 2am. If you're the type to go to bed for a restful night's sleep at 9pm, you may be disappointed.

For me, personally, I would stay with 8630 no matter what, if it is Alaska. The aft views cannot be beat by any other place on the ship. For a non-Alaska itinerary, you'll have to weigh the potential of hearing music (if that matters), with the extra cost of The Haven, which only gives you access to the Courtyard and private sundeck.

There are a couple of things that come into play.

What is your itinerary?

Are you early to bed kind of people or stay out late?

We've been in Aft penthouse suites twice on Jewel class ships. I love them. If you are doing an Alaska cruise, it is the best place to be. Yours is a corner suite, which makes it even better. The Haven on Jewel class ships doesn't give you much more than the non-Haven suites, and I don't see the benefit of the extra cost. You still have priority boarding, concierge, butler, suite passenger dining, and priority disembarkation.

With that being said...8630 is above the Bliss lounge. I've never stayed on 8 (both times we were on 10), but I've heard that the music from Bliss can, and does, go until 1 or 2am. If you're the type to go to bed for a restful night's sleep at 9pm, you may be disappointed.

For me, personally, I would stay with 8630 no matter what, if it is Alaska. The aft views cannot be beat by any other place on the ship. For a non-Alaska itinerary, you'll have to weigh the potential of hearing music (if that matters), with the extra cost of The Haven, which only gives you access to the Courtyard and private sundeck.

Thank you, yes we are going to Alaska, noise, if any won't bother us. Will not bid on upgrade, Is there a separate area in Seattle for suite check in/ embarkation? I have only seen Haven

The other consideration between an aft penthouse and a one bedroom Haven on the Pearl is the balcony size. Pearl's Aft Penthouse balconies have a table 2 chairs AND 2 padded lounge chairs. The same ones used in the Thermal Suite, not the pool lounge chairs. The 1 bedroom Haven suites have a balcony with only the table and 2 chairs. They are about the same size as a Mini Suite balcony. You will have all the same perks as the Haven minus access to the Haven Courtyard.

My wife and I just returned from the 21 day Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl with a deck 10 Aft Penthouse corner suite. If we book an Aft Penthouse again on this class ship we would go with deck 8 or 9. The reason is that the Aft Penthouse suite balconies are only half covered. We spent most of the cruise unable to enjoy the large balcony due to an almost constant rain of soot and trash from the Great Outdoors. The soot magically stopped when we neared ports!