Next Valor Drydock

The last dry dock was April 23-May 8, 2016. This means it should happen would be about that time in 2021, although Valor actually went just over five years between her 2011 and 2016 dry docks.

Note that Valor will be required to dry dock twice every five years from December 2019. The 2021 dry dock will certainly be followed up by one in 2024. After then it will probably be closer to 30 months between visits, although it could be as long as 36 months.

Valor already has pretty much the entire Fun Ship 2.0 Package, so I wouldn’t expect anything beyond maintenance and perhaps an expanded Waterworks. I suppose Havana Bar, Guy’s Smokehouse/Brewhouse, Ji Ji’s, and Cucina del Capitano could be on the table, not to mention any new concepts introduced by the 2020 ship. Redoing Old Fashioned BBQ as Guy’s is probably the only one that would be likely, unless if Carnival decides to replace some other public space.

Nothing will be announced until shortly before the dry dock work is scheduled to take place, so it could be nearly three years before any changes are announced.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

We just got off yesterday and I was told several times it will go as soon as the Dream goes to Galveston which is soon.

Frankly it needs it badly. It was very dirty and rusty and the usual daily repairs weren’t being done. I used to love the Valor but it needs dry docking badly.