Any information/help about Independence of the Seas

I am considering booking a cruise for myself and my girlfriend in May 2019 on Royal Carribean, Independence of the seas. I was hoping that people on here could give me some advice on what to expect on this ship. We had our very first cruise on P&O Ventura 4th to 11th May 2018 and although we could not fault the entertainment, the service or the food, we did find the trip very wobbly, even though the seas were really calm. Apparently the ship had a technical fault, which possibly could have had something to do with the amount of rolling and pitching. It was definitely the cause for a change of itinerary and us missing one of the port of calls (Oporto).

I am hoping that there wont be quite so much movement on our next cruise but obviously rough seas would change that.

Any information on the Independence of the seas would be much appreciated. I.e. what is the ship like, what's the food, service and entertainment like etc.etc.

I have read through lots of reviews and there are quite a few poor reviews but also lots of positive ones. Very difficult to actually get a proper feel for what this ship is actually like. The cruise I am considering is a 7 night cruise and will be going from Southampton to Hamburg, Oslo and Bruges, then back to Southampton.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a quick question. Our welcome aboard lunch has been the delicious Park Cafe Roast Beef sandwich for years. Since we have deviated to the Indy this time is there anywhere you can get this delicious sandwich?

Fingers crossed.

No regular offering of kummelweck on Indy.

My family sailed on the Independence Of The Seas fourteen day Canary Islands Cruise on June 2nd,2018 out of Southampton. On some days the famous roast beef sandwiches were being served at Sorrento’s Pizza, normally during the afternoon hours.

I am considering booking a cruise for myself and my girlfriend in May 2019 on Royal Carribean, Independence of the seas. I was hoping that people on here could give me some advice on what to expect on this ship. We had our very first cruise on P&O Ventura 4th to 11th May 2018 and although we could not fault the entertainment, the service or the food, we did find the trip very wobbly, even though the seas were really calm. Apparently the ship had a technical fault, which possibly could have had something to do with the amount of rolling and pitching. It was definitely the cause for a change of itinerary and us missing one of the port of calls (Oporto).

I am hoping that there wont be quite so much movement on our next cruise but obviously rough seas would change that.

Any information on the Independence of the seas would be much appreciated. I.e. what is the ship like, what's the food, service and entertainment like etc.etc.

I have read through lots of reviews and there are quite a few poor reviews but also lots of positive ones. Very difficult to actually get a proper feel for what this ship is actually like. The cruise I am considering is a 7 night cruise and will be going from Southampton to Hamburg, Oslo and Bruges, then back to Southampton.

Independence has just had a refit and looks brilliant with lots of new features.

Your cruise sails up the North Sea which can get choppy near Oslo.

We were on Independence end of May 2018 to Cherbourg and Cork and felt no movement whatsoever.

We went to Giovanni's 4 nights and Chops Grill the first night and service & food was excellent.

Entertainment is good on a night time plus there are lots of activities during the day.

These were some of our photos on Independence in May.

We loved it so we are back on in October and a short cruise in May 2019.IMG_20180529_214841.thumb.jpg.4cefc2d058e5ffea13c5a8750e3499bb.jpg

IMG_20180528_145636.thumb.jpg.81839eb7d7f297c64f062cc989036bac.jpg

IMG_20180529_114857.thumb.jpg.157c28c52358c7302d5b2e2bd6d486ff.jpg

IMG_20180530_194320.thumb.jpg.a5352a64c34cbc3c2c9b64a0a4ca986a.jpg

IMG_20180531_200500.thumb.jpg.75812f126dc2e46ad8416d5690108f9c.jpg

IMG_20180530_102624.thumb.jpg.17fce986dc9db1a4060ed89cfff15376.jpg

IMG_20180601_102734.thumb.jpg.b281a1638dc0f6896efc69d4bda8005a.jpg

IMG_20180528_124650.thumb.jpg.fc929f091f84b097e92f84c9fad2f146.jpg

IMG_20180601_102404.thumb.jpg.b70228d19ae6f35bc841c29e34fadb5b.jpg

Independence is one of my favorite ships!!! I sailed on her the last two years. She’s a very stable ship with lots of entertainment! You will enjoy her. Last time was me and my boyfriends first cruise together and it was perfect. Attentive crew, yummy food, great people!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just returned from an 8 Day Cruise around Norway, had some High Winds a Couple of Nights but never Felt the Ship Move Very Stable, had a fantastic Time onboard be sure to Check out the Windjammer at least once in the Evening they have some Great Offerings.

I know my question is very subjective, but can you gauge the firmness of the mattress? The last couple of cruises we were on I had a horrific time sleeping due to the rock hard mattress. I am hoping these at least "give" a little when you lie on them.