Live Review: Explorer Alaska Cruise May 25th to June 1st (by a disabled vegetarian wi

Ok. The whale watching? Phenomenal. I have a crappy phone, so my images don't di it justice, but so worth it.

We saw several bald eagles en route to the port. Once boarded the (very nice and well appointed with food, drinks, and restooms) boat, we saw a porpoise, then started seen whale spots and soon tail flukes here and there. I didn't make it up top due to the stairs, but CatDad kept going up and down. Then it got sunny, and we saw more whales, a few sea lions, and then went to a rock with over 100 sealiojs where you could hear them talking and saw some if them playing. The naturalist on board (Kelsey) was supet interesting and ansswered all sorts of questions. On our way back, we saw a few more spots and tail fluke action, and then, as we were pulling back into the dock, this one whale (who I am calling Beyonce) kept flipping her pectoral fin out of the water at us, waving it back and forth (a la Single Ladies), at least a dozen times. She wasn't more than 50 feet away. It was magical; I mean, they could not have planned it better. Then, we boarded busses to the glacier.

I will say, the boat ride itself was several hours, which was worth it, but we got back (after the glacier) almost 90 minutes after we had expected, so make sure you keep this in account if doing dinner or spa reservations that evening.

Glacier to come next

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

We are doing this tour from Radiance on our cruise that leaves Friday. Can't wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...