Jade April 2019 Hotel & Flight credits questions

holdon216

Sailing out of Miami next April. Our cruise package includes 100.00 hotel credit and up to 400.00 air credit.

I called NCL and they use The Pullman hotel in Miami. NCL does not have those room rates yet. Has anyone stayed there through NCL and if so what was your cost per night? I also see they have a free airport shuttle to the hotel. Was there a shuttle to the port and if so was there a fee?

With the airline credit i have been discouraged by two different NCL reps NOT to use them to book my air. If i can get 400.00 off our flights. And the flights are close to what we would book on our own then why the discouragement? Has anyone ever had NCL book there flights. Feed back please.

Thanks in advance.

Sailing out of Miami next April. Our cruise package includes 100.00 hotel credit and up to 400.00 air credit.

I called NCL and they use The Pullman hotel in Miami. NCL does not have those room rates yet. Has anyone stayed there through NCL and if so what was your cost per night? I also see they have a free airport shuttle to the hotel. Was there a shuttle to the port and if so was there a fee?

With the airline credit i have been discouraged by two different NCL reps NOT to use them to book my air. If i can get 400.00 off our flights. And the flights are close to what we would book on our own then why the discouragement? Has anyone ever had NCL book there flights. Feed back please.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same promo for a cruise on NCL. I was told that NCL charges per person at the hotel and even with the $100 discount you are probably going to pay more than if you booked on your own and a lot of times you are told no rooms are available.

As for flights you are at NCL's mercy as you don't get to pick which flight or how many connections.

This was my understanding anyway. If incorrect someone will correct me. We ultimately canceled the cruise so didn't get a chance to see if all this was true.

Bill

Idk what the discouragement is about but my pcc wasn’t too keen on these either. I initially asked if I could book the hotel and he said try at about a year out. Someone on our roll call successfully booked hotel so I called back and booked. Was less than I would get on my own. Decent enough rate and no hassle way to get to the ship.

For hotel rates you’ll see, “rates from.” That is not necessarily the rates you are charged for days you want. Example for Rome pre cruise; “rates from $145”. The rate I booked for two people for one night pre cruise, breakfast and transfer to ship was $270 or $135pp. That’s total with the $100 credit.

Definitely no harm in calling and checking.

Don’t know much about the airfare except they’re highly restrictive group fares = potentially major hassle if something goes wrong with flights. The bonus is that if you cancel prior to payment penalty phase you’re not out the airfare. If Ncl canceled, you’re also not out the airfare. Idk of any independent trip insurance that would give you the airfare $ refund if Ncl canceled on you. People say there’s such a thing but I have never seen it.

• 1 month later...

We booked air travel through NCL once, and we won't do that again. Like someone above said, you are at their mercy, and you will end up on a flight that has at least one connection. Unfortunately for us when we had booked, they booked us with a connection through Atlanta which just happened to have an ice storm blow through. Flights were cancelled left and right and we ended up being stuck there for 3 days. Not NCL's fault, but if I would have booked my flight on my own, I would not have had a connection it would have been a direct flight. For me, I do not like having connections as you have more possibility of something going wrong or your luggage getting lost.

Idk what the discouragement is about but my pcc wasn’t too keen on these either. I initially asked if I could book the hotel and he said try at about a year out. Someone on our roll call successfully booked hotel so I called back and booked. Was less than I would get on my own. Decent enough rate and no hassle way to get to the ship.

For hotel rates you’ll see, “rates from.” That is not necessarily the rates you are charged for days you want. Example for Rome pre cruise; “rates from $145”. The rate I booked for two people for one night pre cruise, breakfast and transfer to ship was $270 or $135pp. That’s total with the $100 credit.

Definitely no harm in calling and checking.

Don’t know much about the airfare except they’re highly restrictive group fares = potentially major hassle if something goes wrong with flights. The bonus is that if you cancel prior to payment penalty phase you’re not out the airfare. If Ncl canceled, you’re also not out the airfare. Idk of any independent trip insurance that would give you the airfare $ refund if Ncl canceled on you. People say there’s such a thing but I have never seen it.

I've yet to see that as well, the only go around I know is to book refundable air at a much higher ticket cost.

I do not book my air through NCL as they tell you nothing until it's almost time to fly, I don't want to risk being on WOW air or a carrier of that nature, have no clue if they use WOW as they tell you NOTHING about flight until it's almost time to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with all the above, never go fly with NCL...just saying we learnt our lesson. Ps also hotels. After 18 cruises booking with NCL ppc's with no perks, our 19th cruise is with a travel agent and amazing. Lesson learned there too.

Four of us are traveling together on Norwegian Jade in April 2019 from New York to Rome. Since our flights home, two destinations, leave early in the morning does anyone have recommendations about an overnight stay, with transfer to the airport early in the morning. Thanks.