Any upgrade offers for the Star?

mvh

It looks like the prices have gone way up for the Star for August and September. Has anyone been able to bid on an upgrade? Particularly an inside to a balcony. If so, what was your bid and was it accepted? I’m hoping to get an offer soon. I am just outside 80 days and I have no idea what to bid, first to doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It looks like the prices have gone way up for the Star for August and September. Has anyone been able to bid on an upgrade? Particularly an inside to a balcony. If so, what was your bid and was it accepted? I’m hoping to get an offer soon. I am just outside 80 days and I have no idea what to bid, first to doing so.

If the cruise is relatively full, they won’t process upgrades until closer to departure. No sense giving discounted upgrades if you can sell it at full price. They have up to 48 hours before cruise to process upgrades.

We are booked b2b on the August 26th and September 2nd sailings. We are in the same inside cabin for both, so I'd rather not upgrade, but DH prefers a balcony. We have gotten offers for both sailings. I only bid the minimum, $75 pp/per sailing. September 2nd has very few balconies left, so I doubt that I will win that, August 26th has more, so who knows. I have bid 6 times in the past, won three of those.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The last time we sailed on NCL we received the invitation to upgrade 90 days out. I constantly changed my bid all the way up to 3 weeks before sail date. I would cancel the old one and put in a lower bid. Received an upgrade from a suite to 2BR Family Suite 3 days before sailing. It was a decent price for the extra room.

The upgrade notice was posted on my reservation page on their website and I also received an email. So if you are 80 days out and haven't received an email, check your reservation on their website. There is usually a banner there that says click to upgrade.

We are not upgrading at all on our next cruise. We have an AFT Suite for our 14 days Panama Canal cruise. I knew I wanted this cabin and did not want to take a chance not getting it so I went ahead and booked it.

Good Luck and Happy Cruising!

If the cruise is relatively full, they won’t process upgrades until closer to departure. No sense giving discounted upgrades if you can sell it at full price. They have up to 48 hours before cruise to process upgrades.

I understand they won’t process until the last minute, but what about offering them? I just hit 80 days and have not seen an offer yet. Does this depend on current occupancy as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an email for an upgrade for my September Star cruise (out of Venice). I've got an inside cabin and they offered Oceanview and Balcony upgrade. But I'm not going to bother. I'm happy with my cabin choice.