Miracle interior French door

AnnArbor

We have a french door cabin booked on the Miracle for this October. On the Carnival site it used to say interior with French doors, now it says interior with window. I know there was a post about the Legends french doors being welded shut. Does anybody know if the Miracles have been done already or will they wait until dry dock?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year it opened but they might be locking it now. Good for fresh air but nowhere to go outside cabin.

Stu, Carnival has announced that all Spirit Class 4k cabins are having the doors removed as they rotate through their next drydock and replaced with one pane of glass to fit the current space where the doors are.

OP I only know the Spirit has been renovated to reflect this change to date. I suggest a call to Carnival for the renovation schedule for the Miracle to determine your situation. Good luck!

Just to be clear: the Legend's 4K doors were not welded shut. They were each replaced altogether with a floor to ceiling window.

i just can not imagine floor to ceiling windows in that category cabin. (i cant not imagine how clean they could be because of the lifeboats)

I really loved sailing in those 4K cabins on Spirit Class ships. (When I first found these cabins, they were the same price as a regular inside.) You could get fresh air, hear the ocean and get natural sunlight. What's not to like? I really hated to hear that Carnival was sealing those doors up. (Or replacing them with a big window.)

"SKY"

Thanks for the replies. First time having this type of cabin and looking forward to it. Even if they were replaced before we cruise it still would be worth having the extra room and couch for only $30 more total than a regular inside room on our cruise dates.

• 3 weeks later...

I have booked an Interior French door cabin, on the Miracle, for January 2019. I called Carnival and spoke with two different reps. The first one said that there are floor to ceiling windows and he never heard of an interior French door cabin. The second rep also had very limited knowledge and said these doors were not meant to be opened anyway.

So, I posted a message to John Heald on his FB page. Hopefully, I hear back from him to confirm that there are still French doors. :)

i just can not imagine floor to ceiling windows in that category cabin. (i cant not imagine how clean they could be because of the lifeboats)

There’s a catway on the outside of the doors/ windows.

If imagine the same way they cleaned the glass on the French doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the french doors open to the inside-- thats how they were cleaned

if those doors are now sealed shut then what??