Pride of America limited time promotions

2psoki

Last evening I checked our cruise for 4/29/17 Hawaiian cruise on the Pride of America for any price changes. Instead I found that there are bonus offers for the cruise being offered. The promos are a choice of one :$50 credit for shore excursion, free stateroom gratuities, Specialty Dining Package or Free Pre-Cruise Hotel night. We chose the gratutities. It increased our price by $10 pp but we felt it was worth it. They will re-book the reservation with the same room etc. Might be worth checking out.

• 4 weeks later...
Do you know if the gratuities are for all occupants in the room, or just the first two?

From the terms and conditions of the current promotion...

Free Pre-Paid Stateroom Gratuities (Pride of America Cruises only):

Prepaid gratuities, otherwise referred to as "Service Charges," applicable to the 1st and 2nd guest in the stateroom 3 years of age and up.

Applicable to guests 1-2 on reservation.

Offer not applicable to guests 3-8.

Guests are responsible for onboard gratuities applicable to all other shipboard purchases.

We are booking the Pride for the week before.

I have questions about the offers:

Choose from:

$50 off each port for excursions (up to 4 ports)

Gratuities

Specialty dining

Hotel Night pre-cruise

Internet package

There's also a "up to $750" OBC besides the above.

W are planning excursions at every port, so that seems like the best offer?

Also what can we use that OBC for? If we can use it for: specialty dining, Internet, then that's cool, but can it be used for excursions? (I'm guessing not)

One more question: is there a "soda package?" And is it worth it?

We are booking the Pride for the week before.

I have questions about the offers:

Choose from:

$50 off each port for excursions (up to 4 ports)

Gratuities

Specialty dining

Hotel Night pre-cruise

Internet package

There's also a "up to $750" OBC besides the above.

W are planning excursions at every port, so that seems like the best offer?

Also what can we use that OBC for? If we can use it for: specialty dining, Internet, then that's cool, but can it be used for excursions? (I'm guessing not)

One more question: is there a "soda package?" And is it worth it?

Is the excursion credit the best offer for you? That depends on how you look at it. Most people think cruise ship excursions are overpriced and less superior to smaller independently booked excursions. And in Hawaii, car rentals are very cheap and the shuttles meet you at the dock. Most things in Hawaii are easily drivable, Wiamea Canyon, Hwy to Hana, Lahaina, Haleakala, beaches, for instance, and require no excursion to be seen. That said, I understand why it is the best option for some.

If it were me, and I'd be going for the dining package or the gratuities. And the OBC can be used for anything except gratuities, even excursions. It will be applied to anything charged to be your account.

I believe the soda package is about $67 pp. Not sure of the price of a fountain soda onboard. I guess it would depend on how many you would order vs the price of a package. There are tea and flavored waters in the buffet. You can bring on unlimited soda and water if you like. Buy it at the ABC stores in Waikiki and tag it to go with your luggage.

Edited by punkincc

Is the excursion credit the best offer for you? That depends on how you look at it. Most people think cruise ship excursions are overpriced and less superior to smaller independently booked excursions. And in Hawaii, car rentals are very cheap and the shuttles meet you at the dock. Most things in Hawaii are easily drivable, Wiamea Canyon, Hwy to Hana, Lahaina, Haleakala, beaches, for instance, and require no excursion to be seen. That said, I understand why it is the best option for some.

If it were me, and I'd be going for the dining package or the gratuities. And the OBC can be used for anything except gratuities, even excursions. It will be applied to anything charged to be your account.

I believe the soda package is about $67 pp. Not sure of the price of a fountain soda onboard. I guess it would depend on how many you would order vs the price of a package. There are tea and flavored waters in the buffet. You can bring on unlimited soda and water if you like. Buy it at the ABC stores in Waikiki and tag it to go with your luggage.

Thank you. Great information. We're traveling with 2 older parents, and they prefer to not go out on our own.

Good to know about brining unlimited soda on board. We'd have to bring the soda everywhere if we wanted one, so unless it was just for staying in the cabin, it seems cumbersome. But $67 is rediulously high.

Thank you. Great information. We're traveling with 2 older parents, and they prefer to not go out on our own.

Good to know about brining unlimited soda on board. We'd have to bring the soda everywhere if we wanted one, so unless it was just for staying in the cabin, it seems cumbersome. But $67 is rediulously high.

Well, you wouldn't be lugging an entire case on a tour, right? Throw a couple cans of pop or water in your bag for excursions. Many people bring an insulated cup or empty water bottle aboard that you can refill. The ship's water is very good. And check your tour information. I would be surprised if many did not provide a least water or more than one opportunity to purchase from at least a snack bar or vending machine.

You did not ask, but I would try to avoid the big tour bus type excursions. There are independent tours which take very small groups and are much more enjoyable and relaxing. Mary Lou's Big Island Tours is one such in Hilo and Kona. Very highly rated here and on Trip Advisor. The rate of about $75 pp is a bargain compared to ship's tours. We did a full day in Hilo of Valcano National Park, Rainbow Falls, Black Sand Beach, Mac Nut Farm, Coffee bean place, Orchid place with only 4 other people. Like being toured by a family member.

The soda pkg is also the fountain soda, rarely will you get it poured from a can.

There should be a vending machine in the kids arcade area that you just swipe your room key and charge goes to your on board acct and no 18% gratuities.

Do you know how much is a soda at the vending machine?

• 2 years later...