Help please, JS on Splendour of the Seas

Hello, we have booked a 14 day Med cruise on this ship under its new owners, Thomson. We have a Junior Suite and can select our stateroom. Can anyone advise if there are any to be avoided, or indeed, if there are any that we should try and 'grab'? Thanks in advance. We sail in July.

Be careful under pool deck. You will hear chairs being set up and moved in the early morning or late at night. We were under Solarium and when the Park Cafe was open we could hear the dish cart as it was rolled on the tile. It looks like the fitness center and sports deck is aft so you could get noise from there in aft JS's. I would be inclined to look around the aft elevators. Under the Dog House or across the ship on the other side, from the entrance to Solarium to front of Elevator Lobby, seem less noisy areas.

Having said all this, don't be too concerned. When we were under the Solarium, we only heard the wheels of the dish cart occasionally. Same with pool chairs being moved. But I'd probably opt for under Solarium over pool. It's unfortunate that the high end cabins are under sort of noisy areas, but it's just something you need to live with. Just know what to expect and you'll be fine with it.

As the ship is quite small, JS's that are AFT facing are the absolute best in my opinion. There's no noises from above or below & the balconies are tremendous. If you go for the one smack bang in the middle, that is the biggest! (The corner ones don't wrap around!)

As the ship is quite small, JS's that are AFT facing are the absolute best in my opinion. There's no noises from above or below & the balconies are tremendous. If you go for the one smack bang in the middle, that is the biggest! (The corner ones don't wrap around!)

I agree. The aft JS's are the best. We were in 8084 (one from the center JS 8086) out of Venice in 2014. There is no noise from above. The Sports Deck on the plan (referenced in one of the above posts) is just a small open deck outside of the spa and fitness center. No sports are played there.