Jade - Grand Pacific Compared to Alizar Dining Rooms

Rebels82

Grand Pacific is the more formal of the two, *technically* does not allow shorts. But in practice, it is not enforced.

The service in the Grand Pacific was significantly slower than in Alizar in our experience.

Is Alizar smaller? Is it usually quieter?

Rebels, I've dined in both Alizar and Grand Pacific on the Jade and did find that the Aliza, a bit smaller, was also a might quieter. I was with a group and did find that the GP seemed to be a bit noisier. I do, however, believe that every cruise can be different.

As far as shorts and ballcaps go... I guess I must be in a haze when I dine b/c I couldn't tell you what the person at the next table was wearing. Does that seem strange to you? I'm usually engaged in conversation with others at my table... when my DH was still with me, we rarely noticed if anyone else was even in the same room.

I was on the TA from Miami to Southampton on the Jade and had a wonderful cruise and made some great friends. Hope you can find a way to enjoy your cruise and dining experience as well.

cheers,

Connie

There’s no difference in the menu between the two restaurants. The Grand Pacific has a more upscale ambiance than the Alizar. If you want to wear shorts and a baseball cap to dinner then the Alizar is your choice although I’ve seen shorts and baseball caps worn in the Grand Pacific too. I’ve never understood why some men want to go to dinner in an elegant dining room looking like they just got done cutting the grass in their yard. I mean really, is it that hard to take wear slacks, put on a button down shirt, and take off your hat? For some unknown reason to me, having a tiny bit of class and style has gone out of vogue.

We found that GP was more brightly lit than the other. Waiters said this was by passenger request so they could read the menus :)

We would have preferred they turn the lights down in the evening.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there "reserved time seating" in the main dining rooms? If not what are the hours they are open? And can you make reservations at them in advance? How about "elegant nights, are there any and if so does anyone have any idea what nights they would be on an 11 day Panama canal trip next April? Sooo many questions so little time ;) Thanks!!!

Is there "reserved time seating" in the main dining rooms? If not what are the hours they are open? And can you make reservations at them in advance? How about "elegant nights, are there any and if so does anyone have any idea what nights they would be on an 11 day Panama canal trip next April? Sooo many questions so little time [emoji6] Thanks!!!

It is freestyle, so you can eat when you want. The MDRs are open from around 5.30 until about 10pm. You can make reservations if you want.

No elegant nights. The dress code is the same every day (other than being relaxed on the first night, in case bags haven’t arrived in time).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Is one louder than the other?2. Is one smaller than the other?

Any specific comments about either?

Thanks.

Personally I don't like the Alizar on the Jade. Find it to be very dark in there, and with a very low ceiling and no windows. Only times we have eaten there, has been if we wanted to have dinner at MDR at "peek times" in the evening, with a waiting time to get a table at the Grand Pacific. I actually find "MDR no. 2" on most NCL ships to be the same - I prefer high ceilings and large windows in the MDR.... Foodwise it is the same menu in both dining rooms and comes from the same galley (I think), and the dresscode in Alizar is less "strict" (allthough no dresscodes onboard a NCL ship could be called strict)....