Star Suite customers booking UDP before boarding

jtrollin

I have a family suite on the Star and got a letter in the mail saying that I could call or email the concierge to book my restaurants, but when I emailed the email address provided I was told I had to book all my dining on board? I know I can book via the webpage, but I am a party of 5 and there are NO options for 5 people for any of the restaurant's. Did I just misunderstand the letter or is there a way for Suite customers to take care or this ahead of time?

thanks

NCL only books 20% - 30% of restaurant space before boarding. Write down the restaurants you want with date, time & number of people, give it to the Concierge, as soon as you board, and ask them to book the reservations for you, might not be the exact time but it should be close.

Looked in to this the day they made them available, but only times for a table that would fit us were like 8pm at night each day, was excited when I got the letter that said they would do if for me and to call or email, then really bummed out when they said they could not do it. Not sure what the point of the letter was :-)

Looked in to this the day they made them available, but only times for a table that would fit us were like 8pm at night each day, was excited when I got the letter that said they would do if for me and to call or email, then really bummed out when they said they could not do it. Not sure what the point of the letter was :-)

We have fond that the pre-concierge is pretty much useless.

They can not book any reservations that you can do yourself.

Once onboard, quickly get your request to the concierge. The onboard concierge has the ability to overbook a restaurant (like overselling a airplane). But, once a restaurant is totally overbooked, even the concierge won’t get you a table. For a large group, book quickly.

We don't like to plan ahead and usually decide that day where we'd like to go for dinner. It has usually worked in our favor, with one notable exception... the last night of our last cruise. Concierge could not get us into Cagneys, regardless of the time. He "tried" then suggested we contact the maitre d directly. We did (the hostess really), and we ended up getting a table around 8:30. Cagneys was far from "full" at that time.

My feeling is that the concierge ought to be able to "make it happen"... understanding they can't if the restaurant is booked solid but that didn't seem to be the case. The fact he suggested we do it ourselves left a bit of a bad taste.

We did however utilize that pre concierge letter and email to request certain types of daily snacks we liked :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We just left the Star in June 24. I booked some of our specialties on-line (party of 4) but then booked Teppenyaki for the first night while in the terminal when first meeting Monica, the concierge. She was great all week - helped out with a few billing issues and moved one reservation at Cagney’s for us from one night to the last night with no issues when we were just too tired to go out for dinner. Monica had her laptop with her in the terminal and would have booked as much dining as we wanted/needed right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The online system is a little wonky. If you select a group of 6 you will be presented with certain times. If you select a group of 4, you will be presented with a completely different set of times. I have travelled the last two times with a group of 7, so we have the same issue. Check the system for a group of 4 or 6 and then adjust it once you get on board. At least you know you have something and they can 'make it work'.