Should We Accept Sunshine Upgrade?

keijenxs

Just received an offer to upgrade from an aft ocean view on deck five to an aft balcony on deck seven and I'm torn. Price is not a factor, location is the big factor. I love the location of the deck five cabin because it's close to our favorite bar; the Alchemy and other entertainment options. We've never had a balcony cabin, so the upgrade would be nice, especially since we'll be celebrating our son's high school graduation. Help please.

If you want to stay on deck 5, just keep your cabin. For me, it would depend on the amount they wanted to upgrade. We also received an upgrade offer on our 8 night Sunshine in June - oceanview to a balcony - and we took it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love a balcony! However we had an aft extended balcony deck 8 on Carnival Valor. Whereas soot was not a problem, heat was. There was no breeze and very little shade. Also upper decks can look down on about 2/3rds of your balcony, so not much privacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had our first balcony on an Alaska cruise and loved it - we were out there watching wildlife all the time. Next Caribbean cruise, we got a balcony and found we really didn't enjoy it. It was hot, there wasn't enough room for all three of us to bring food/drinks out there. Just not worth the extra expense for us. We've gotten 2 offers for balcony upgrades for our upcoming cruise and turned them both down.