Dream info...FTTF embarkation & debarkation

CruiseMomTX

For anyone recently on the Dream out of New Orleans with FTTF how was embarkation & debarkation? What time did you arrive at the port and what time did you get onboard? How early do they generally start boarding the ship?

How was FTTF debarkation handled? Did you receive zone number tags the night before and how early were you able to get off? Thanks for any information.

Can't speak from recent experience, our last time in NOLA was 2015 but here's how it was handled then.

We could of arrived at 10:00 to start the priority check-in, but we knew there would be a wait to board until 11 or so. We targeted being there at 11:30 that we could just literally walk through security and the check-in process right on to the ship. Once we were dropped off by our taxi it was 15 minutes from the time the porter accepted our checked luggage to the time we stepped foot into the Atrium area of the Dream.

From talking with others that had priority that showed up earlier there was line of priority passengers that made processing about 30 minutes long, then they had to wait until after 10:45 for diamonds, platinum, and suite passengers to board before they were allowed to head to the ship.

As for debarkation we had zone 3 and received instructions to join the suite and platinum+ passengers in the priority lounge to wait for debarkation. We were not in a hurry so we first gave the priority debarkation area a look over and saw that is was fairly packed, and it was only 7:45. We decided since we had the time to enjoy 1 last leisurely breakfast in the MDR. By the time we finished eating, about 9, they were calling zones 6-8 over the PA so we just joined that group. By the time we got down to luggage collection only 12 or so bags were left in our zone so it was easy to finds ours. We then grabbed a porter, who got us through customs in about 10 minutes, so before 9:30 we were back curbside. We used the little luggage storage area, which offered for a small addition to their regular fee to send the luggage to our post cruise hotel, then went off to tour the Jackson Square and Market for a bit on our own. We arrived at the hotel around 4 pm, the luggage was all there and once checked in they brought it up to our room.

June 10, 2018-We had an 11:30 check in time but we dropped our bags off around 9:30 (the bags were at the cabin by 2:00). We drove around the French quarter for an hour and arrived at the Fulton Street garage at 10 :30. We plan to have coffee and make our way to the port on time but the attendant told us we need go on. They bused us over and we were at the port by 10:45. When we arrived at the port we found the check-in time was meaningless and we were inline to check-in. We went through the line and were seated in about 20 minutes. There were no zone tags but the seats were labeled in zones. We had zone 8. The passengers were closely lined up in rows of seats. So people with too many carry-on bags made the crowding worse. They start calling priority passengers shortly after 11:00 and non-priority section was called about 20 minutes later. It took about ten minutes after that to get on ship. We were on the ship about 11:40.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

We were on the Dream from June 17th - 24th. We had FTTF. Our check in time was 12:30 - 1:00, but we got there in the 11 o'clock time frame. We wanted to go to the mall next door and have a beignet, but it was so stinking hot and humid. I asked one of the employees if we could go ahead and check in and she said no problem with FTTF. Check in was probably less than 30 minutes with the priority line. Afterwards we wheeled through the terminal area very quickly to the ship - no sitting and waiting for our group to be called. I would say we had our carry on bags in our room by noon.

We decided to self debark. I believe our letter said we could start debarkation at 7:30, but left at 8:00. After dealing with the elevator jam, the line was huge to debark. I asked one of the fun crew and they said right this way. We bypassed the longest line I have seen and were located by guest services. We just had to wheel around the bar and out of the ship. Customs was a breeze. We were in the car by at least 9:00.

As I always say the FTTF is worth the price of admission alone.

The Order to get on the boat is:

Diamond

Platinum

and then FFTF

Same way to get off the boat

Diamond

Platinum

and then FFTF

In March we were excited to see there were no weddings as weddings take forever to board and they go first. There were premier people seated where they usually seat the wedding folks. The premier people were boarded before platinum/diamond.

John Heald said that it was not supposed to happen like that if it did happen.

It did happen.

11:45 to 12:00 is about the average time to board. I try to be pulling into the parking garage at 10:30, but sometimes it is more like 11:00.

For anyone recently on the Dream out of New Orleans with FTTF how was embarkation & debarkation? What time did you arrive at the port and what time did you get onboard? How early do they generally start boarding the ship?

How was FTTF debarkation handled? Did you receive zone number tags the night before and how early were you able to get off? Thanks for any information.

My experiences:

With FTTF (and no unusual circumstances) you will board between 11:30 and 12:00. (Think 11:45)

If you aren't self assist then you will get very low luggage tag numbers (I think 1 or 2) and you will get an 8:00am or 8:15am time to meet in the Crimson Dining room. You can be off as early as 8:05am and as late as 8:30am.

We got there around 10 o'clock, and we had FTTF. Another couple staying at our hotel did not have FTTF, and got to the port about 9:15. Needless to say, we got on faster, shortly after 11. The process was painless...

Good day!

I was on the Dream for the 6th time three weeks ago and have cruised out of New Orleans more times than I can count. With either Platinum, or FTTF, I have gotten on the ship as early as 11:10 and as late as 11:35. Typically it is around 11:20. I always pay attention to the specific time so I can answer questions like this, which typically come from my friends. As far as debarkation...we always do self assist. On this last cruise, we received a letter in our stateroom to meet in a specific place (same as the Diamonds and FTTF) between 7:00-7:15. Having learned from experience, I informed my family that we would need to be in the meeting place before 6:45. Sure enough, they released us to debark at exactly 6:48am. There were no lines anywhere at all and we went straight to the customs agent, the got immediately on the elevator in the parking garage.

Just remember that every cruise is different, however, this has been a fairly consistent experience for us.

Good luck!

We didn't have FTTF, but did have an 11:30 time. We got to the door of the terminal at 11:15, there was no crowd so they let us right in. The line to get our card was about 10 deep (3 minutes). Then into a sitting area, and as soon as our butts hit the chair, our number was called. We were on board and getting a Guy burger by 11:45. Love the Dream, love NOLA.

We didn't have FTTF, but did have an 11:30 time. We got to the door of the terminal at 11:15, there was no crowd so they let us right in. The line to get our card was about 10 deep (3 minutes). Then into a sitting area, and as soon as our butts hit the chair, our number was called. We were on board and getting a Guy burger by 11:45. Love the Dream, love NOLA.

Yes, it seems that they have a really good system there. On our cruise three weeks ago, once we went through security, they directed us directly to the Platinum lounge. My daughter and her husband had FTTF and they were directed directly to their waiting area. There was no check-in anymore. At the top of the escalator is where you show your boarding passes and passports and that's it. Our sail and sign cards were outside of our stateroom in the mailbox. This was by far the easiest embarkation process ever! My oldest daughter and I are going back in one week and I sure hope the process is the same.

Cheers!