NCL Pearl 2019 to Northern Europe?

Ulsteinvik

Hey,

today I looked at the cruises lists from Amsterdam and Le Havre and found out that the NCL Pearl is booked 4 times in Amsterdam and Le Havre. Here the exact dates:

Le Havre :

08 May 2019 (from Dublin to Tilbury)

22 May 2019 (from Dublin to Tilbury)

19 June 2019 (from Dublin to Tilbury)

25 June 2019 (from Zeebrugge to Bilbao)

Amsterdam:

11 May 2019 Turnaround

25 May 2019 Turnaround

08 June 2019 Turnaround

22 June 2019 Turnaround

What do you think? Will NCL redeploy and send a 3rd ship to northern europe?

These cruise lists were updated yesterday and today.

There are some rather odd places mentioned in your post. Tilbury for example, and heading to Bilbao in June. That doesn't suggest a full season in Northern Europe, so maybe this is part of a dry dock visit with some cruises thrown in whilst here.

I did think it was interesting that the Spirit is just embarking in Southampton next year, and that Amsterdam turnaround may be the reason why.

I'm just guessing of course. We will see.

There are some rather odd places mentioned in your post. Tilbury for example, and heading to Bilbao in June. That doesn't suggest a full season in Northern Europe,

You are right. It seems like she will be sail in May and June 14 nights cruises out from Amsterdam and afterwards she will be stationed in the Med?

Looks interesting.. Let's see.

The Pearl can't be in two places at once. I just checked NCL, and she is in Alaska on those dates. Perhaps you meant the Jade, or Star?

Nope it is the Pearl you can look also at the official port site of both ports. First of all they have to reserve the berths at the ports. If all is okay they will remove the Alaska cruises from the homepage. They won't remove anything until they didn't booked all berths at all ports. As I said in the first post, the Amsterdam & Le Havre lists were updated today. It could take time.

Happened to HAL also with the Prinsendam..

I also found this information that NCL Pearl is likely to come to Northern Europe in 2019, would be nice!!

Let’s see when her new itineraries will be on sale.

Interesting because that would mean a capacity decrease in Alaska, compared to 2018, because in 2019 only Bliss and Jewel would remain there.

But I am sure Bliss could sum up two Jewel-Class ships with her capacity of 5400 pax.

Further Pearl and Bliss sail the same itinerary from Seattle more or less...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It will be interesting to see the itineraries. From the port dates listed above, it looks like Norway, and then going round the UK.

Unfortunately for us, two weeks in not possible in these time frames (due to school), but they look like potentially being nice itineraries.

It does demonstrate what sort of nonsense gets posted on these boards. Not long ago I was being told that NCL's pricing for the Spirit cruises was far too high, demonstrated by the fact that they have supposedly been unable to sell the Jade (which was also why they moved the Spirit here apparently. This move certainly doesn't back that up, and that is before we consider that the Jade is pretty well sold out for the remainder of this Summer.

I’m guessing the new itineraries will be available week of July 23. That’s when Ncl said they’ll get me my new stateroom for the Joy/Alaska.

The pricing and sell out on most of the sailings this season for Europe and Alaska validates the demand.

The $ investment in Port of Seattle was substantial. RT Seattle sailings bring a premium over Vancouver or the one ways. It makes sense the Pearl going to Europe and bringing the Joy to Seattle. I don’t think Ncl will have trouble filling All these ships for Europe. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed they keep most of the Jade 2019 med sailings. We have an excellent itinerary, price and perk package.

Marvellous!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

DH has said he'd like to sail on the JOY with her Chinese décor, etc.

NCL sure is putting spice into new itineraries! Less and less milk runs.