Loungers no longer allowed on Riviera extended balconies?

SJunie

We are sailing on the Riviera next month and are lucky enough to get one of the extended balconies. Reading through all the advice on here about requesting loungers, we made a request through our TA. He told us that our request has been denied as it's considered a safety issue, and they take up too much room.

I am wondering if this is a new rule that they have implemented.

We are sailing on the Riviera next month and are lucky enough to get one of the extended balconies. Reading through all the advice on here about requesting loungers, we made a request through our TA. He told us that our request has been denied as it's considered a safety issue, and they take up too much room.

I am wondering if this is a new rule that they have implemented.

Time for a different TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

-

We were in an extended balcony on Riviera in Jan or Feb 2016 and 2017 and the loungers were there when we arrived. Lucky enough to get one of those cabins again this year and sure hope that loungers are available. Those extended B3's used to be B4's before the loungers were added.

-

I was just in 7008 starting Oct 25, and there were 2 loungers there already. I think all the extended have them now.

Oh, that's good to know. I was really looking forward to napping on the balcony and was disappointed when my TA said they told him "No". I wonder if my TA got confused and asked for two MORE loungers on top of the two that are already there.

The denied request has nothing to do with your TA. Oceania originally denied our request and when we arrived there were two loungers on the extended balcony. If they are not there, just ask. Have a good time.

That's great to know. Thanks!