cruise clothing

czexrus

I was wondering where everyone gets their cruise clothing? I live in buffalo so at this time I can not get any summery clothes at the local stores.

Any websites that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Thank you.

I'm looking for summery dresses, bathing suits, resort wear.

Bring what you wore this past summer! You don't need any "special" clothes, and they certainly don't need to be new! Daytime is ULTRA casual....shorts, tees, flip flops, bathing suits/coverups....at night, you will want to wear capris or slacks and nice top, or a sundress....it's not as fancy as you're thinking!

I agree with CB, you don't need anything special; however, I understand the desire for something new :). Check out websites for anywhere you normally shop and head for the (here's my favorite word) CLEARANCE section. You'll find tons of last season's clothes at a discounted price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was wondering where everyone gets their cruise clothing? I live in buffalo so at this time I can not get any summery clothes at the local stores.

Thank you.

swimsuits for all is a good place to find some bathing suits. Also fresh produce clothing for shorts and t's.

Pardon an ignorant guy's question, but wondering what the OP wore this past summer? We also live in the North, but spend a lot of winter time in warm climates (cruises, Mexico, etc). We simply pull out our summer clothes and pack. No need to go out and buy new stuff. On a cruise we live in shorts, swim wear, etc. And in the evening its cook inside the ship so that is not an issue.

Hank

Thank you.

May I suggest that you post this on the Fashions Board. You will get lots of input there. On top of that if you read down the threads on that board you will see many web sites mentioned where people;e get their clothing.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=182

Keith

I get my cruise clothes out of my closet using clothes i normally wear like many others answering this question. While I currently live in FL, I have lived in MI and owned summer clothes while there.

I buy summer clothes off the clearance racks this time of year. Shopping on line is another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just curious why you didn't write pacsun.com and make it a link, like I did?

When I post a direct link with copy/paste using CC Forum apps on my mobile device, it works and directs me to the site when I test it before sending. But sometimes, when I try to click the link after posting using a different browser like Firefox on my laptop, it gives an error message.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We live in the north too. In addition to the previous tips, I'd suggest googling cruise wear/resort wear in your city. There will likely be some dress shops that stock a selection for their clientele. While I usually pull my cruise wear from my existing wardrobe, I often go to a particular shop nearby where I know I can pick up one or 2 new items.