Westpac CC with QBE Travel Insurance have now changed to Allianz as of 1 Oct 2017

$87 for ANZ Platinum CC $0 for 1st year or ANZ low rate Platinum $99 deal atm is $260 cash back if spend $500 in 60 days on eligible purchases

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

ok thanks for that, i may not worry about it for now as i have my travel insurance done for the year

Not yet. My post was referring to Cruisine21 post about QBE. Until I get the cards from ANZ I can't do the PE. I was just saying that I had no problem with any of the Ins co. if I went direct.

Hopefully get the cards on Monday.

Right, jumped the gun.:o

$87 for ANZ Platinum CC $0 for 1st year or ANZ low rate Platinum $99 deal atm is $260 cash back if spend $500 in 60 days on eligible purchases

Yes, there are some good deals to entice people onto the cards, best to pay off any balance each month.:D

Yes we do [emoji4] Have a savings acct for holidays then when we use CC we transfer money in to pay for it straight away. Only use the CC to the minimum to qualify for TI. Load Citi Bank card up for cash advances (no fees) OS and 28 degrees (no fees) for purchases OS

Yes we do [emoji4] Have a savings acct for holidays then when we use CC we transfer money in to pay for it straight away. Only use the CC to the minimum to qualify for TI. Load Citi Bank card up for cash advances (no fees) OS and 28 degrees (no fees) for purchases OS

We do exactly the same.:D

Does anyone know if I gifted myself some obc whether this could be classified as a purchase? Thinking this could be used for my $250 purchase for ANZ TI

The wording says, transport (airfare/cruise) , land content (tours, hire car accomodation)

So I would say no, purchasing OBC would not activate your insurance.

Could you book a tour?

I have been looking ....hard. Akaroa I have found something but I am short $$ need to spend more. Dunedin & Wellington we were going to do on are own. Maybe Picton hire a car? All the winery tours are pretty much booked out.The other thing is cruise Charlotte sound although we would have already done the other 'sounds' on the cruise. Hate to just do anything just to qualify spend. Will keep on looking.

I have been looking ....hard. Akaroa I have found something but I am short $$ need to spend more. Dunedin & Wellington we were going to do on are own. Maybe Picton hire a car? All the winery tours are pretty much booked out.The other thing is cruise Charlotte sound although we would have already done the other 'sounds' on the cruise. Hate to just do anything just to qualify spend. Will keep on looking.

Yeah, I get what you are saying, I havent been to Picton but I am sure it wouldnt cost that much to hire a car for the day.

Are you staying anywhere before the cruise? A night in Sydney?

How do you get to Sydney usually? I see you are from Coffs, not far from me:)

Yes getting the train down to Sydney day before cruise and yes have a hotel booked. But dosen't the spend have to be OS?

I was under the impression that as long as it was associated with that holiday, whether it be the airfare down to board the cruise, the accomodation the night before etc it activated the cover.

I have not had to worry about that as we always deposit or pay in full with the ANZ card for the cruise.

We will have to find that one out!!

Yes and I guess I did that too with St George to make sure I was covered when I paid for the cruise.....unfortunately Allianz was a surprise. Maybe Stki-Tanya knows the answer I think she mentioned she works at the ANZ branch.

No it is not the same. Branches no longer have the PDS booklet. Have to get email copy and print it if you want hard copy..

I know this as I work in an ANZ branch

Cheers

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

Just wondering if you know the answer to my question. It is ok if you don't or unsure of the answer I will then wait until Monday to ask the question.

Question is "Does the Pre Cruise Accom in Syd qualify for $250 spend on the ANZ Platinum for TI purposes or does Accom need to be a spend OS"

Thanks

Jean

Hi Tanya,

Just wondering if you know the answer to my question. It is ok if you don't or unsure of the answer I will then wait until Monday to ask the question.

Question is "Does the Pre Cruise Accom in Syd qualify for $250 spend on the ANZ Platinum for TI purposes or does Accom need to be a spend OS"

Thanks

Jean

Good work Jean, I hope it is the case for you:)

These are the little things we need to know and understand with any insurance, but a good one for activating it.

Hi Tanya,

Thanks

Jean

I have been told that as long as $250.00 is spent on the card on prepaid airfare,accommodation, tours ,hire car before you leave the country it is covered.. BUT please call the QBE line to confirm..

Some people book hotels, but dont pay for them, I know this is not covered.It has to appear on your statement before you leave the country..

I print out the statement with the min $250 charge (usually its a lot more, as I book my flights or cruise on the card)

I also call QBE to get the letter of eligibility emailed to me.

Cheers

Tanya

Thanks Tanya I will follow up with QBE. So hopefully the pre cruise Accom in Sydney as long as I follow these rules about paying before I leave the country and it appears on my statement I might be ok.

That would be good then the Accom + Tour in Akaora will then cover me.

Good advise "I also call QBE to get the letter of eligibility emailed to me."

What a mess this has never happened before. The star's were not aligned. Oh well I will be prepared for the next trips.

Jean