is my son.....

Without his sea pass he can't get off the ship. My grandson wanted to stay behind in Mexico, with friends he met onboard. I was afraid to leave him and leave the ship so we made him go with us, what a mistake! He got that teenage face and sulked all day. My main concern was that he would get with kids and they would all decide to leave the boat in Mexico, really any port, and I would come back and not know where he was. So after discussing this with other parents they told me they took their teens sea passes away while they were ashore, that way they had to stay onboard. If it was my own child thats what I would have done but since it was my grandchild I was still leary of doing this. I am not real sure from your post if this is what you were concerned with but boys will be boys and then put them with a group of their peers and who knows what they will think up!

As long as they have their sea pass card they can get off. If they get behind someone who looks like their parent the ship personnel wouldn't know th edifference. Good idea to take their card away from them. Only problem is that they couldn't get back into their room if they were to leave it.

As long as they have their sea pass card they can get off. If they get behind someone who looks like their parent the ship personnel wouldn't know th edifference. Good idea to take their card away from them. Only problem is that they couldn't get back into their room if they were to leave it.

They can get a "key only" card for him. It will open the stateroom door, but its not good for anything else.

It was my understanding that anyone could get off as long as they had their SeaPass?:confused: There was a report on cc a few months ago of a woman who left her dd on the ship and then dd came to find her in port. Can anyone point to RCCL's policy of not letting minors off by themselves?

It was my understanding that anyone could get off as long as they had their SeaPass?:confused: There was a report on cc a few months ago of a woman who left her dd on the ship and then dd came to find her in port. Can anyone point to RCCL's policy of not letting minors off by themselves?

Policy is only as good as those who are acting on it. If you run into an employee who is lax it could lead to all sorts of problems.

Without his sea pass he can't get off the ship. My grandson wanted to stay behind in Mexico, with friends he met onboard. I was afraid to leave him and leave the ship so we made him go with us, what a mistake! He got that teenage face and sulked all day. My main concern was that he would get with kids and they would all decide to leave the boat in Mexico, really any port, and I would come back and not know where he was. So after discussing this with other parents they told me they took their teens sea passes away while they were ashore, that way they had to stay onboard. If it was my own child thats what I would have done but since it was my grandchild I was still leary of doing this. I am not real sure from your post if this is what you were concerned with but boys will be boys and then put them with a group of their peers and who knows what they will think up!

Very easy for the kids to go to the pursers desk and say they lost it and they will issue a new one.

They will sometimes ask you when getting off the ship where your parents are. On the Freedom in August I was asked where my parents were. I am 23 and have an adult sea pass! Go figure. Definately not a good idea to have a young kid go by themselves.

When I was 14 I lost my seapass and went to the front desk by myself to have a new one made. I think at any age you can get a new seapass made without an adult present so this doesn't seem like the best means of keeping teens on the ship.

akcruz On our Mariner sailing in August my son, who is 14, was asked where his parents were if he was the first of us to go through security when leaving the ship. Never had this happen before. I was wondering if it was a new policy?

We were also on a RCCL sailing in August. My ds13 was never asked where his parent(s) were. We often exited at different SeaPass scanners.

I would much rather put up with teenage sulky face than a missing child. No way, no how would ANY child of mine, regardless of age be left alone while in a foreign country. I do not care how much attitude they pull.

Taking away the card does not work. My 16 year old daughter had a new card made, mingled with a family leaving the ship and visited a port with friends she made at the teen club. She was sorry she made that mistake.

I would have been terrified wondering where my daughter was. :eek: You poor thing!

Archived