Candian Air Cadet Mess Dress For Formal Night

Skyeman1010

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a retired Navy officer, and I don't much anymore, but in my earlier cruising days I would pack my mess dress uniform for formal night. As was mentioned, it is considered formal dress, so entirely appropriate.

One thing I'll always remember is the first time I wore my Navy white mess dress uniform, I kept getting stopped and asked questions about the ship by fellow passengers throughout the evening... they thought I was one of the ship's officers!:o

But on the other hand, I didn't pay for very many of my own drinks that night either! :D

That depends. Are you a Cadet, or a CIC officer. My dad commanded both a rifle company and was CO of the local Army Cadet corps. If you are a Cadet, wearing your standard dress uniform is acceptable. If a CIC officer, wear your dressiest "dress" uniform. Keep in mind that in my experience a C-1 (I don't know what they call it now, it used to be called "reds" when I was a Cadet) uniform may be equivalent to "white tie".

If you are an actual officer, wear the standard black uniform coat, black pants, blue shirt and forage cap. If you need to stand out anymore, wear a mess jacket which if I recall correctly is private purchase and no longer issued automatically.

When I was involved in my Cadet corps, the only thing issued was a dress uniform, and then at camp, other stuff.

CK

Archived