Nice beach

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:59 PM.
CANADA
1,491 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by reedprincess
No snorkeling at Vigie. And very little in the north at all. Some at Pigeon Island, maybe an hour or so of it.
Otherwise, you'll need to head south.
Ti Kaye has a decent Reef. Their Island Divers has a day package, worth checking into.
Or further south, Anse Chastenet or Jalousie beach again.
Spencer's beach break gives you the most time at Jalousie beach.
Alternatively, maybe a snorkel boat trip. Mystic Man has a three stop snorkel trip. Worth checking out..
Thank you, I'll check those out!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruised
NCL Hawaii 2005
Carnival Western Caribean 2006
Disney Bahamas 2008
Princess L.A. to Van. 2008
Celebrity Panama Canal 2009
Princess Van to Ketchekan 2009
RCL Mexican Riviera 2010!
Carnival Spirit Mexican Riviera 2011
Celebrity Equinox Eastern/Southern Caribean 2012!
Emerald Princess Eastern Caribean 2012/13
Golden Princess 2013 Alaska
Celebrity Equinox 2014
Celebrity Solstice 2017 Hawaii
RCL Anthem of the Seas 2018
83 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by SquatsandChampagne
Is Castro still active?

Will be in Castries Saturday Nov.4th, was thinking of a couple
hours at vigie beach after lunch at Coal Pot

very much so, good sir. if u wish i can prepare for your arrival by putting your user name up on my sign board as a reservation .
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,863 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by SquatsandChampagne
Is Castro still active?

Will be in Castries Saturday Nov.4th, was thinking of a couple
hours at vigie beach after lunch at Coal Pot
As you can see, yes he's still active.
Usually easiest to send a PM to a member when you have specific questions for them as those go to their email directly vs waiting for them to possibly check the boards.
Enjoy your visit.
Northern NJ
872 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Castro can you provide email? Coming in Jan with 7 and want to visit you. Will be easier to email than search back through these boards.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Island Princess May 2019 Alaska Cruise Tour
Norwegian Gem Nov 2018 Caribbean
Norwegian Breakaway Jan 2018 Caribbean
Norweigen Jade October 2017 Caribbean Repo
Norweigen Breakaway Jan 2017 Caribbean

Norweigen Gem Nov 2016 Caribbean BTB
Norweigen Gem Nov 2016 Caribbean BTB

Grandeur of the Seas Mar 2016
Norweigen Gem Jan 2016
Grandeur of the Seas Caribbean Mar 2015
Norweigen Gem Caribbean Jan 2015
Explorer of the Seas Nov 2014
Explorer of the Seas Mar 2014
Explorer of the Seas Nov 2013
Norweigen Gem Caribbean Jan 2014
Explorer of the Seas Caribbean Feb 2013
Norweigen Jewel Bahamas Dec 2012
Explorer of the Seas Caribbean July 2012
Caribbean Princess Caribbean Oct 2011
Enchantment of Seas Caribbean April 2011
Caribbean Princess Caribbean 2010
Sapphire Princess Alaska 2007
Coral Princess Panama Canal 2005
Oosterdam Alaska 2004
Golden Princess Caribbean 2003
Dawn Princess Caribbean 2002
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,863 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by Whitnee1
Castro can you provide email? Coming in Jan with 7 and want to visit you. Will be easier to email than search back through these boards.
You can click his profile name and send him a private message through Facebook. Easy peasy.
Enjoy.
CHESTNUT RIDGE, NY
508 Posts
Joined Jul 2003
castro1n3,

Haven't seen any postings from you since January, are you still available. We will be in St. Lucia on 2/09/18, and would like 4 lounges.

Hal
St. Lucia, West Indies
3,863 Posts
Joined Aug 2008
Originally posted by HS2BS
castro1n3,

Haven't seen any postings from you since January, are you still available. We will be in St. Lucia on 2/09/18, and would like 4 lounges.

Hal
The Boardwalk is running like a champion. Castro, and other vendors, are all there with chairs. As advertising one's own business on CC is against posting rules, Castro can't be posting day in and day out about his services. He can answer direct questions. No need to post daily or weekly about what's on offer when he's working hard! Lovely gentleman, his chair section is before you get to the Boardwalk itself. He has a sign up saying something like "CruiseCritic members here" or something similar...
Enjoy.
83 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by reedprincess
The Boardwalk is running like a champion. Castro, and other vendors, are all there with chairs. As advertising one's own business on CC is against posting rules, Castro can't be posting day in and day out about his services. He can answer direct questions. No need to post daily or weekly about what's on offer when he's working hard! Lovely gentleman, his chair section is before you get to the Boardwalk itself. He has a sign up saying something like "CruiseCritic members here" or something similar...
Enjoy.
reeds right. my email is provided in my profile... carrime69gmail
St. Stephen, N.B. Canada
4,778 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Heading to Vigie Beach on foot Friday morning Jan 12th, to check out the new boardwalk!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lisa

Past Cruises
NCL Dawn Jan 7th/18 10 Day Southern Carib
NCL Spirit Feb 20/16-7 day western Carib
NCL Dawn Feb 8th/15- 7 day western Carib
Carnival Dream Jan 18th/14-7 day Western Carib
Carnival Dream Jan 25th/14-7 day Eastern Carib
Adventure of the Seas Jan 27/13-7days Southern Carib
Adventure of the Seas Jan 20/13-7day Southern Carib
Carnival Freedom Dec 29/12-8day Eastern Caribbean
NCL Dawn Jan 24/12- 11 day Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Legend Jan23/11- 7day Western Caribbean
Carnival Victory Jan 17/10- 7 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Victory Jan 24/10- 7 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Miracle Jan 24/09- 8 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Freedom Dec 29/07- 7 day Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Miracle Dec 31/06- 7 day Western Caribbean
RCI Splendour of the Seas Jan28/00- 10 day Circle of the Caribbean
Northern NJ
872 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by castro1n3
reeds right. my email is provided in my profile... carrime69gmail
Castro: I emailed you but did not get anything back. Can you put us on the board for 1/14/18 party of 5 Bruce G.? Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Island Princess May 2019 Alaska Cruise Tour
Norwegian Gem Nov 2018 Caribbean
Norwegian Breakaway Jan 2018 Caribbean
Norweigen Jade October 2017 Caribbean Repo
Norweigen Breakaway Jan 2017 Caribbean

Norweigen Gem Nov 2016 Caribbean BTB
Norweigen Gem Nov 2016 Caribbean BTB

Grandeur of the Seas Mar 2016
Norweigen Gem Jan 2016
Grandeur of the Seas Caribbean Mar 2015
Norweigen Gem Caribbean Jan 2015
Explorer of the Seas Nov 2014
Explorer of the Seas Mar 2014
Explorer of the Seas Nov 2013
Norweigen Gem Caribbean Jan 2014
Explorer of the Seas Caribbean Feb 2013
Norweigen Jewel Bahamas Dec 2012
Explorer of the Seas Caribbean July 2012
Caribbean Princess Caribbean Oct 2011
Enchantment of Seas Caribbean April 2011
Caribbean Princess Caribbean 2010
Sapphire Princess Alaska 2007
Coral Princess Panama Canal 2005
Oosterdam Alaska 2004
Golden Princess Caribbean 2003
Dawn Princess Caribbean 2002
St. Stephen, N.B. Canada
4,778 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Any place on Vigie beach to pick up wifi? If not I could walk over the airport long enough to check in on home.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lisa

Past Cruises
NCL Dawn Jan 7th/18 10 Day Southern Carib
NCL Spirit Feb 20/16-7 day western Carib
NCL Dawn Feb 8th/15- 7 day western Carib
Carnival Dream Jan 18th/14-7 day Western Carib
Carnival Dream Jan 25th/14-7 day Eastern Carib
Adventure of the Seas Jan 27/13-7days Southern Carib
Adventure of the Seas Jan 20/13-7day Southern Carib
Carnival Freedom Dec 29/12-8day Eastern Caribbean
NCL Dawn Jan 24/12- 11 day Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Legend Jan23/11- 7day Western Caribbean
Carnival Victory Jan 17/10- 7 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Victory Jan 24/10- 7 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Miracle Jan 24/09- 8 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Freedom Dec 29/07- 7 day Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Miracle Dec 31/06- 7 day Western Caribbean
RCI Splendour of the Seas Jan28/00- 10 day Circle of the Caribbean
Herts, U.K.
5,080 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by katiecat
Any place on Vigie beach to pick up wifi? If not I could walk over the airport long enough to check in on home.
We had a great day on Vigie beach a couple of weeks ago. Can't believe it took so long to come up the idea of a boardwalk here. A very welcome addition. I had a great massage from a young girl who was operating at the far end of the boardwalk.

Although we didn't use wifi on the beach one of the vendors asked as we arrived whether we wanted wifi so I assume that one of the bars on the beach does have the facility.
St. Stephen, N.B. Canada
4,778 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by Bobal
We had a great day on Vigie beach a couple of weeks ago. Can't believe it took so long to come up the idea of a boardwalk here. A very welcome addition. I had a great massage from a young girl who was operating at the far end of the boardwalk.

Although we didn't use wifi on the beach one of the vendors asked as we arrived whether we wanted wifi so I assume that one of the bars on the beach does have the facility.
Thank you Bobal,
I've done tours and catamarans here so now it's time to find a good local beach. It's a beautiful island for a tour for anyone that hasn't been there before.My mom bought materiel downtown in a fabric store and made the sweetest kitchen curtains.Those kinds of things are the best souvenir anyone can buy and bring back home and use.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lisa

Past Cruises
NCL Dawn Jan 7th/18 10 Day Southern Carib
NCL Spirit Feb 20/16-7 day western Carib
NCL Dawn Feb 8th/15- 7 day western Carib
Carnival Dream Jan 18th/14-7 day Western Carib
Carnival Dream Jan 25th/14-7 day Eastern Carib
Adventure of the Seas Jan 27/13-7days Southern Carib
Adventure of the Seas Jan 20/13-7day Southern Carib
Carnival Freedom Dec 29/12-8day Eastern Caribbean
NCL Dawn Jan 24/12- 11 day Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Legend Jan23/11- 7day Western Caribbean
Carnival Victory Jan 17/10- 7 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Victory Jan 24/10- 7 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Miracle Jan 24/09- 8 day Southern Caribbean
Carnival Freedom Dec 29/07- 7 day Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Miracle Dec 31/06- 7 day Western Caribbean
RCI Splendour of the Seas Jan28/00- 10 day Circle of the Caribbean
Albuquerque, NM
223 Posts
Joined May 2013
Just want to thank Castro for a fantastic day at Vigie Beach. We were there Saturday Dec 2nd. He had us set up with 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella on the waters edge with no one closer than 10 feet. Castro is such a hard working guy moving loungers up and down the beach in the hot sun. Yet, he still came by occasionally to see how we were doing and offer to get us a couple more beers ($5 for 2) which we gladly accepted. The sand was soft all the way into the water. The water was a nice aqua color and warm with nice gentle waves. Free Wifi from our position about 30 yards from the boardwalk was good. I contacted Castro using his gmail the week before and he had our loungers & umbrella already set up when we got there. Again, thank you Castro for a beautiful day!
327 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Hello Castro,

Going to be there on March 1st. Please save my wife and I two loungers(Mike & Keri). Looking forward to visiting the beach!

Thanks,
Mike


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Victory- 7/8/04
Carnival Triumph-7/7/05
Norwegian Dawn-8/12/06
Norwegian Dawn -5/5/07- One Night CTN
Carnival Imagination- 6/28/07
Norwegian Spirit-10/27/07- One Night CTN
Norwegian Spirit- 8/17/08
Norwegian Gem- 1/24/09- One Night CTN
Enchantment Of The Seas- 7/16/09
Carnival Sensation- 7/15/10
Carnival Glory- 7/25/11
Norwegian Jewel- 1/7/12
Norwegian Jewel- 1/18/13- Weekend Cruise
Norwegian Gem- 2/23/13
Carnival Glory- 8/3/13 - Weekend Cruise
Norwegian Gem- 11/15/13- One Night CTN
Carnival Splendor-1/4/14
Norwegian Gem- 11/9/14
Norwegian Breakaway- 1/16/15- Weekend Cruise
Norwegian Breakaway- 5/10/15- Bermuda
Norwegian Breakaway- 12/11/15 Weekend Cruise
Norwegian Epic- 2/25/17

Norwegian Gem- 2/24/18
Carnival Sensation - 6/28/18
Carnival Horizon - 9/13/18
83 Posts
Joined May 2016
Originally posted by aeroo777
Just want to thank Castro for a fantastic day at Vigie Beach. We were there Saturday Dec 2nd. He had us set up with 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella on the waters edge with no one closer than 10 feet. Castro is such a hard working guy moving loungers up and down the beach in the hot sun. Yet, he still came by occasionally to see how we were doing and offer to get us a couple more beers ($5 for 2) which we gladly accepted. The sand was soft all the way into the water. The water was a nice aqua color and warm with nice gentle waves. Free Wifi from our position about 30 yards from the boardwalk was good. I contacted Castro using his gmail the week before and he had our loungers & umbrella already set up when we got there. Again, thank you Castro for a beautiful day!



thank you much aeroo777 i am most pleased you had a wonderful experience enough to share, thank again for coming and all the best to u for the season and the new year. regards.