Splendor... lost Gopro

fuzzychop1

I hope you get your camera back. A few years ago a friend of mine bought a go-pro from a pawn shop. The pawn shop guy said a scuba diver brought it in - he had found it while diving (we live in Florida). My friend brought it in to work to look at it and we realized there was a lot of video already on it. We looked at the video and (I announce proudly lol) through some excellent detective work on our account we figured out who we thought it belonged to. We saw video of him going home and saw street names and an address that we looked up on google maps and through public records found a name that I looked up on FB and we were pretty sure we had our guy. So I sent him a FB message explaining my friend (who didn't have FB at the time) had bought a used go-pro but he dind't want to keep it if it had been lost and wanted to return it.

We were disheartened when weeks and months went by with no reply. We thought we had done such a good job of amateur sleuthing.

Then YEARS later (like 4 or 5 maybe) I hear the familiar "bing" of a message alert on FB and it's the guy finally replying - he said he never even knew he had private messages and just saw my message about the camera from years ago. I hollered at my friend (and co-worker - we've been cubical neighbors for almost 15 years now) that the camera guy just replied. We chatted a bit and yes it was his camera he had lost while surfing and my friend said he'd be happy to send it back but the guy said he had replaced the old camera and didn't really need it back but now my friend could enjoy it with a clean conscious. And so he did.

So I'm hoping you get yours back sooner than 4 or 5 years. Good luck! It can happen!

I hope you get your camera back. A few years ago a friend of mine bought a go-pro from a pawn shop. The pawn shop guy said a scuba diver brought it in - he had found it while diving (we live in Florida). My friend brought it in to work to look at it and we realized there was a lot of video already on it. We looked at the video and (I announce proudly lol) through some excellent detective work on our account we figured out who we thought it belonged to. We saw video of him going home and saw street names and an address that we looked up on google maps and through public records found a name that I looked up on FB and we were pretty sure we had our guy. So I sent him a FB message explaining my friend (who didn't have FB at the time) had bought a used go-pro but he dind't want to keep it if it had been lost and wanted to return it.

We were disheartened when weeks and months went by with no reply. We thought we had done such a good job of amateur sleuthing.

Then YEARS later (like 4 or 5 maybe) I hear the familiar "bing" of a message alert on FB and it's the guy finally replying - he said he never even knew he had private messages and just saw my message about the camera from years ago. I hollered at my friend (and co-worker - we've been cubical neighbors for almost 15 years now) that the camera guy just replied. We chatted a bit and yes it was his camera he had lost while surfing and my friend said he'd be happy to send it back but the guy said he had replaced the old camera and didn't really need it back but now my friend could enjoy it with a clean conscious. And so he did.

So I'm hoping you get yours back sooner than 4 or 5 years. Good luck! It can happen!

This is a great story! Thank you for sharing. :)

Came up from snorkeling at Grand Cayman once with my gopro no longer attached to me chest. Looked and looked, nobody could find it. I offered a handsome reward to the tour operators and within 5 minutes I had it back in my hand and the tour operator had a $100 bill in his hand.

That's my story...I think you will have luck. There are more good people out there than bad.

Hope you get it back.

Some will take a photo of their contact info JIC something like this happens. We use photo of our cruise card and use it as our phone’s lock screen and wallpaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums