$50 excursion credit option

Mikiejag

I haven¡t cruised on NCL since they started offering the Latitudes shore excursion discount. If I'm platinum but my husband is not, can I ordered both tickets in my name and get my discount on both tickets?

I haven't cruised on NCL since they started offering the Latitudes shore excursion discount. If I'm platinum but my husband is not, can I ordere both tickets in my name and get my discount on both tickets?

I haven't cruised on NCL since they started offering the Latitudes shore excursion discount. If I'm platinum but my husband is not, can I ordere both tickets in my name and get my discount on both tickets?

You have to book excursions in each passenger's name.

I know it's too late now, but in the future...just say no to excursions through NCL, or any cruise line. Trip Adviser is your friend. Better tours, smaller groups and CHEAPER.

Personal preference as to what is better. I am an avid user of this perk. Due to the credit some of my excursions have been at no charge so even if I could have booked a similar 3rd party excursion at $20 that is $20 real dollars I'd have to part with versus the $50 perk dollars from NCL. I like saving real money and the peace of mind of the NCL options.

They used to limit the number of excursions, but on my last cruise I think we had 6 ports so $300 went a long way. I had some fantastic experiences, including a guided tour of hurricane ravished San Juan as part of my transport to the airport and that was a free excursion/transfer. I'll take that anytime.

Certainly if you're buying excursions for a family of 3+ you may prefer to look at more cost effective options. Even when I travel with my family so we're a group of 3 I still book several excursions through NCL and some where we just wing it with a walk or local taxi. On those trips I've taken the 3rd person free option so we didn't have the excursion perk. We get off the ship in each port.

Bottom line, its vacation and cheaper isn't the right call for everyone and cheaper isn't always as simple as it seems. Vacation the way you want, Freestyle. For me the Shorex perk was been wonderful and it is truly free (no fees or taxes added) and the fact that at Silver I get a discount on those excursions can help that perk go even further. Any thing $59 or less will cost me nothing out of pocket. I've found a number of interesting options in that category leaving more budget for something pricier during the trip.

We don't really drink alcohol so the beverage package wouldn't be our choice. Even if we wanted a soft drink or glass of wine with dinner we would spend less than what the taxes/fees are for the package on our extra drinks. I'm satisfied with the main dining room experiences and have never done Specialty dining. Next cruise we may simply pay a la carte to try Los Lobos. Some day we may take the Specialty option, but NCL really provides nice complimentary options (pub, MDRs, Asian and buffets) so spending extra on food hasn't been a need. We'll spend that money on excursions, photos, gift shop sales, etc.

Happy cruising!