Best beach to visit for the day

MamaChach

We will be visiting for a day at the end of the month. Just looking for a relaxing day on a beautiful beach. A bonus for a beach that has food/drink. Also, a beach that has chairs and umbrellas:)

Thanks if advance for your recommendations!!

We will be visiting for a day at the end of the month. Just looking for a relaxing day on a beautiful beach. A bonus for a beach that has food/drink. Also, a beach that has chairs and umbrellas:)

Thanks if advance for your recommendations!!

Look up Karakters on Simpson Bay beach and if that does not suit you take a look at Mullet but that one only has a port-o-potty as a restroom.

Look up Karakters on Simpson Bay beach and if that does not suit you take a look at Mullet but that one only has a port-o-potty as a restroom.

In looking up current information on Karakters it looks like its in pretty good shape post Irma. I also saw some pics posted that showed the planes flying overhead like they do at Maho Beach. Is this true ?

In looking up current information on Karakters it looks like its in pretty good shape post Irma. I also saw some pics posted that showed the planes flying overhead like they do at Maho Beach. Is this true ?

It is not at end of runway like Sunset Beach Bar, Karakters sits about half way down the run way on the side. So you more hear the planes land and take off than see them from the beach.

It's not an "experience" like Maho. More background noise and if you stand in the right place you can see the planes on the runway as well.

We just went to Karakter Beach last week and it was perfect. Checks all the boxes you are looking for. Just keep track of time and allow an hour to get back to your ship as traffic can be really bad.

What side is Karakter Beach on, Dutch or French? How long of a taxi ride to get there and what was the cost?

Karakter is on the Dutch side by the airport middle of the runway. It took us about 40 minutes to get there and an hour to get back. Lots of construction and single lanes slowed us down. We took a group of about 60 there and loved it.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Karakter+Beach+Bar%2FRestaurant/@18.0351176,-63.1312488,13z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0xf06daeb0672df31b!2sKarakter+Beach+Bar%2FRestaurant!8m2!3d18.0404224!4d-63.1064008!3m4!1s0x0:0xf06daeb0672df31b!8m2!3d18.0404224!4d-63.1064008

Karakter is on the Dutch side by the airport middle of the runway. It took us about 40 minutes to get there and an hour to get back. Lots of construction and single lanes slowed us down. We took a group of about 60 there and loved it.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Karakter+Beach+Bar%2FRestaurant/@18.0351176,-63.1312488,13z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0xf06daeb0672df31b!2sKarakter+Beach+Bar%2FRestaurant!8m2!3d18.0404224!4d-63.1064008!3m4!1s0x0:0xf06daeb0672df31b!8m2!3d18.0404224!4d-63.1064008

Is it possible to get there via water taxi?

We just went to Karakter Beach last week and it was perfect. Checks all the boxes you are looking for. Just keep track of time and allow an hour to get back to your ship as traffic can be really bad.

How much was the taxi? Were there alot of people from the ship going there? (I am concerned about having to wait a long time to fill up the taxi) We will have three ships in port the day I visit. Thank you.

How much was the taxi? Were there alot of people from the ship going there? (I am concerned about having to wait a long time to fill up the taxi) We will have three ships in port the day I visit. Thank you.

From another thread

Consider booking a private taxi in advance for the required time of your party. No need to Q

Contact the taxi association direct.

http://taxistmaarten.com/