Church Services

vtovar

HAL is the only one of the major mass-market lines to have a clergyman onboard all the time, a Catholic priest. Other lines, like RCI and MSC will have priests onboard for holy days. Most ships will provide a space for passengers to hold their own services if desired, some do this automatically, some only if requested at guest services, check the daily planner. Some ships will have services led by lay members of the crew, but only on a volunteer basis.

HAL is the only one of the major mass-market lines to have a clergyman onboard all the time, a Catholic priest. Other lines, like RCI and MSC will have priests onboard for holy days. Most ships will provide a space for passengers to hold their own services if desired, some do this automatically, some only if requested at guest services, check the daily planner. Some ships will have services led by lay members of the crew, but only on a volunteer basis.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G925P using Forums mobile app

A sore point with me with regard to HAL. Yes, a Catholic Priest is always aboard. But, for Jewish and Protestant guests, no official clergy any more. It used to be that on long cruises and always on Easter and Christmas cruises, clergy would be available to provide services appropriate for that holiday. On my Christmas New Year's cruise on the Zaandam in 2017, guests had to organize their own services if desired. While I appreciated what was done by those who did so, it was not the same for me and I won't attend any more such organized services in the future.

A sore point with me with regard to HAL. Yes, a Catholic Priest is always aboard. But, for Jewish and Protestant guests, no official clergy any more. It used to be that on long cruises and always on Easter and Christmas cruises, clergy would be available to provide services appropriate for that holiday. On my Christmas New Year's cruise on the Zaandam in 2017, guests had to organize their own services if desired. While I appreciated what was done by those who did so, it was not the same for me and I won't attend any more such organized services in the future.

+1 on this comment.

DON

I agree, I am Catholic and am happy there is a Priest is on bird, but they should have some sort of multi Faith service for those who want to attend whole on vacation and especially during holidays. Now for me in going to have to attend confession before we go to see what my Priest wants us to do seeing we will be missing mass.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Forums mobile app