Concierge D Deck 14 Explorer

seaslug

I'd say it depends on the itinerary to a certain extent - being that high up will exacerbate the motion of the ocean - rough seas could make for a hairy ride if you're prone to seasickness. The suites themselves are great, I think - we were on Deck 8 & 9 last year and had no complaints either time. You'll also encounter fewer people in the hallways since there are only a handful of suites up there, and if you use the self-service laundry it'll be less crowded than the others (unless people from other decks come up there when theirs are crowded!). Also, you'll be further away from most of the common areas on board if that's a concern. Then again, Explorer isn't that big that getting anywhere on board is an issue...

Personally, I'd book a lower deck even though the motion doesn't bother me. Just my opinion.

I also want to welcome you to the Regent board! We have not been on deck 14 (which we all know is secretly deck 13) but have been on deck 12 forward on Explorer and you definitely feel the motion of the ocean dramatically more than on lower decks. While no one can predict how the seas will be, there are some itineraries where the seas tend to be calmer than others. So, if a bit of motion doesn't bother you - go for it. The concierge suite are wonderful!

We have been in the concierge suites on the Explorer twice, first time in 1409. We enjoyed the intimacy of the 14th floor and the block party was great fun. We loved 1409, until we stayed in 724 a few weeks ago. It turns out all concierge suites are not created equal. 724 was wider than 1409 and the balcony was at least 50% larger. If you look at the deck plan, you can see 1409 is smaller. There is also a room next to 1409 that is not on the deck plan that is used by the staff, so you do hear some noise from that room being used and there's a phone in there that rings often (we could only hear it in the bathroom.) The Explorer seemed very stable, we had no issues being on the top floor.

UUNetBill - I will try again to use your template to review our suites, it had me a bit baffled, I'm afraid. Thank you for your generosity in doing this for this board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did four Explorer cruises in the first year it was out and only one encountered rough seas ....... the transatlantic crossing. That was the one when we were on deck 12 and found it hard to walk from the bedroom to one of the bathrooms. Like I indicated, it depends upon itinerary.

UUNetBill - I will try again to use your template to review our suites, it had me a bit baffled, I'm afraid. Thank you for your generosity in doing this for this board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you’re not feeling the love from the templates, just post your info in the SuiteGuru thread and I’ll find a way to get it in the spreadsheets. The more input we get, the better. Thanks!

I also want to welcome you to the Regent board! We have not been on deck 14 (which we all know is secretly deck 13) but have been on deck 12 forward on Explorer and you definitely feel the motion of the ocean dramatically more than on lower decks. While no one can predict how the seas will be, there are some itineraries where the seas tend to be calmer than others. So, if a bit of motion doesn't bother you - go for it. The concierge suite are wonderful!

Hi TravelCat

"The concierge suite are wonderful!" Apart from the few perks, how do the concierge suites on the Explorer differ in size, layout, and/or furnishings. As you know there are no such differences on the other ships making the additional cost questionable. Thanks.

Hi TravelCat

"The concierge suite are wonderful!" Apart from the few perks, how do the concierge suites on the Explorer differ in size, layout, and/or furnishings. As you know there are no such differences on the other ships making the additional cost questionable. Thanks.

Hi! Actually, the difference between the F1/F2 suites and concierge suites on Explorer is only in the balcony size. The suites are identical. And, although the balcony size is slightly smaller in the F1/F2 suites, they are still larger than the balcony we had in our Seven Seas suite on Voyager earlier this month. So, if you do not need the overnight at the hotel and the few other amenities offered in the concierge suites, I'd go with the F1/F2.

Hi! Actually, the difference between the F1/F2 suites and concierge suites on Explorer is only in the balcony size. The suites are identical. And, although the balcony size is slightly smaller in the F1/F2 suites, they are still larger than the balcony we had in our Seven Seas suite on Voyager earlier this month. So, if you do not need the overnight at the hotel and the few other amenities offered in the concierge suites, I'd go with the F1/F2.

Thanks Travelcat. I will take your advice and stick with the F2 unless they make the Concierge upgrade more attractive.

If this is your first time on Regent and do not have silver status, remember that the major difference for you is that, in Conceirge class, you can book your excursions earlier. In an F1-2 suite, you will finally be able to book them much later on. That can be a problem for you to get the tours you want. In addition, you get overnight hotel, breakfast and transport to the ship.

Things to consider for a small difference in cost.

• 2 months later...

Petlover, that’s precisely why we booked Concierge (#873) on Explorer for 2019 (Stockholm-London).... we’re addicted to Nespresso coffee! 😉 Even though we’re Silver, the other perks made it worthwhile. We’ve always figured we don’t really need or want a butler, so never considered a PH.