Cancellation & delays of flights on Southwest

ranchette

When are they notifying customers when their flights will be delayed or cancelled? We have a cruise leaving Monday 5/14/2018

and a flight leaving on Sunday 5/132017 Hopefully we will not be cancelled but in case we are when are they notifying passengers of the delay or cancellation?

That's around three weeks away, why would you be worried about cancellations?
Perhaps because Southwest cancelled around ten percent of yesterday's (Sunday 4/22) flights in order to inspect engines.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Perhaps because Southwest cancelled around ten percent of yesterday's (Sunday 4/22) flights in order to inspect engines.

I would hope they have that addressed and everything up and running asap......

When are they notifying customers when their flights will be delayed or cancelled? We have a cruise leaving Monday 5/14/2018

and a flight leaving on Sunday 5/132017 Hopefully we will not be cancelled but in case we are when are they notifying passengers of the delay or cancellation?

They will be rushing to get them done as soon as possible. Each pair of jets will take about 8 man hours for inspection, plus more if repairs need to be made. Right now I wouldn't be worried about 5/13 (I'm not too worried about my flight next week...yet), but if they start to find issues and engines need repairs, it could cause additional cancellations as maintenance time increases.

Not exactly, at least according to the WSJ. Southwest canceled 40 of 4000 daily flights Sunday, due to the engine issue. That would be 1%.

While Southwest has about 500 of the 737-7 planes, not all have the engine involved, and even fewer have the hours issue involved.