Great Day at Kim Sha Beach!

Smurfette27

Hi everyone, we (hubby, 12 yr old son, 15 yr old daughter and I) just got off the Oasis last Sunday and I wanted to share how wonderful our experience was at Kim Sha beach in case others are curious / interested.

I booked the excursion directly through Royal (St Maarten Beach Rendezvous) as I heard that traffic could be a nightmare (which it was!) and I didn't want to risk not making it back to the ship if we were to do it on our own. The cost was $62 for adults, $47 for children 12 and under. It included a narrated tour on the way to our destination, a welcome cocktail upon our arrival (fruit punch for the kids), loungers, lunch at the Green House Restaurant and another alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink. I thought that was very reasonable for a 4.5 hr excursion.

The ride there took about 40 minutes. We were delayed getting there due to traffic... it was the same case on the way back. It was a beautiful drive though so we didn't mind at all. Our tour guide pointed out landmarks, photo ops, and talked about life on St. Martin. You could certainly see the devastation... missing roofs, destroyed boats on shore, twisted shipping containers, etc. Aside from this though, it's still a beautiful island! The hills, beaches, sand and water are all just as beautiful. The palm trees weren't as full as they were before the hurricane but they're getting there.

Once we arrived, we were handed our welcome drinks and found our loungers. There were umbrellas placed between every pair of loungers and those cost an extra $4. Someone came around to collect the money but if you didn't want it, they'd move it for you.

There were some decent sized waves which the kids (and hubby and I!) had a blast in. The beach was very clean and the water was gorgeous. A little cool at first but fantastic after the first plunge. They even had people come by to collect our empty cups as soon as we were done our welcome drinks. Lunch was served between 11:30am and 1pm at the nearby Green House Restaurant. It's an open-air place right on the beach with "real bathrooms".

For lunch, you had your choice of roasted chicken, beef kabobs, fish (can't recall what kind exactly), or a shrimp sandwich. You could pick 2 sides between cole slaw, fresh cut fries and rice. I went first with my daughter while the boys stayed back. We both chose the steak kabobs. My daughter went with the fries and I chose rice and cole slaw. Everything was delicious... especially washed down with a Corona! If you wanted to purchase more drinks or food, there was plenty to choose from at the restaurant and the wait staff and bartenders were friendly.

We had an absolute fantastic day at Kim Sha Beach and the Green House Restaurant. I definitely recommend!

Chantal

• Like 1

It was moderately crowded. We found a nice spot at the end, farthest away from the restaurant but it was also the quietest. There were 4 buses from our ship. It had sold out by the time we set sail. We met right on the pier beside the ship and walked to the parking lot where the buses were stationed. Super easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 9 months later...