Site Seeing in Long Beach

kapcruiser

We are planning on dropping our luggage off at airport early and then site see in Long Beach for a few hours. I need suggestions please. Is there a boardwalk area?

First, I am trying to get a sense of what you are doing here. Post-cruise, correct? You have a 2:30 pm flight out of LGB (NOT LAX), correct?

Okay, first thing to realize is that LGB airport is quite a distance from the pier. Assume that you are off the ship around 9:00 ish, by the time you Uber to LGB to drop your luggage and figure in time to return to Downtown Long Beach and time to return later to the airport, you've likely eaten up another hour and a half to two hours of your time, so you are left with, maybe, only a couple of hours to sightsee (plus spend three times the Uber costs). It may be an idea to have someone hold your luggage in Downtown Long Beach. There have been some reports that the Aquarium of the Pacific might provide that service. Then you could stay longer in Downtown Long Beach and only leave for LGB in time to check in for your flight.

The Carnival pier is on the Western side of the channel. Next door is the Queen Mary. The free Passport shuttle stops out front and can take you to the Aquarium and other spots across the channel and back. Across the channel is the Aquarium, a touristy shopping village called Shoreline Village and a strip of restaurants in between as well as a boat marina with a park alongside with nice harbor views and strolling paths (not a boardwalk per se). There is also a center called The Pike with various attractions. The Passport does a loop through this entire area. So, between the QM, the Aquarium and the tourist shopping centers plus strolling through the park, you can easily fill your time before heading to LGB. There is really nothing to see around LGB.

Thanks for idea, I just called JetBlue I can’t drop luggage off earlier than 3 hours, now I need to find something to do with my luggage. It’s getting to be very stressful, I might just be better off sitting at airport.

Thanks for idea, I just called JetBlue I can’t drop luggage off earlier than 3 hours, now I need to find something to do with my luggage. It’s getting to be very stressful, I might just be better off sitting at airport.

Queen Mary bell hops will hold your luggage as will the Aquarium of the Pacific.

Queen Mary is within walking distance, maybe 5 minutes. The free Passport Bus is in the parking lot, under the trees. There’s usually one there because it’s a break spot for the drivers.