Why Red Wine?

It seems so oddly specific that the CP balcony rooms come with a free bottle of red wine. There are many on these boards that ask if a bottle of white can be substituted, and the answer is typically No. Is the red cheaper than white?Wondering why the perk is a free bottle of red only?

Probably because they know their IT system could not handle a simple choice on the website that would reliably and accurately make it to the ship, so they just picked one.

You know, I thought of something like that, remove the choice in order to make it easier on the staff. However, I imagine a good number of people would be asking to switch, leading to frustrated pax when they are told they cannot switch. It just seems so random.

Has anyone tried to actually switch at Vintages or somewhere? We have done that with TA provided wine with no problem. Simply went to Vintages and got an equal value (cheap) bottle of white. I think we've done it in the MDR also. I'd be curious if we were just lucky or what.

Do they leave the bottle of wine in all balcony rooms , and i understand we can board with 2 bottles of wine ?;)

Only Central Park balcony staterooms.

Royal also allows you to bring two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom, at initial boarding only. If you take a bottle to a public venue, you may be charged $15 per bottle.

Hello,

I've managed to change C&A D+ bottle via the Diamond Concierge. My chosen wine was not available on the ship so something close to toilet cleaner was left instead - it must have been cheap as they didn't want that one back.

Regards,

Cublet

You know, I thought of something like that, remove the choice in order to make it easier on the staff. However, I imagine a good number of people would be asking to switch, leading to frustrated pax when they are told they cannot switch. It just seems so random.

Is it the same red that’s served in DL? Maybe they would allow a red to white swap there?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's also strange that they decided to go with red wine on the grounds of stains; I assume that most passengers will consume this bottle in-cabin, and there are bound to be a few accidental spills. No biggy, but if I was a member of the hotel dept. I'd certainly pick white instead...