How to get extra "points"- crown and anchor

cpannkuk

I understand that you get double points for a suite or higher. (Does this include jr suites)

Also are there any other ways of getting additional points? Just curious. I am one point away from platinum and the other levels seem so far away!!! I thought some other lines had specials once in awhile but I didn't know about rccl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I understand that you get double points for a suite or higher. (Does this include jr suites)

Also are there any other ways of getting additional points? Just curious. I am one point away from platinum and the other levels seem so far away!!! I thought some other lines had specials once in awhile but I didn't know about rccl

You get double points for junior suites.I had one for an 11 night cruise and got 23 points.

JS's get double points. Solo travelers receive an extra point.

If you are one point away, go and see the loyalty ambassador during your cruise. *Some* CC members have been able to get the new benefits added right away. Again, don't expect, but it never hurts to ask.

I've never heard of any other way to earn points. However if RC was to ever screw up enough that they felt obliged to ask me if there was anything they could do to make it right, the first thing I would ask for is update my membership to D+/P.

yes JRs get the double points but none of the other suite extras like access to the CL.

It took us 4 cruises to make platinum sailing in a (grand) suite each time. and if my calculations are correct, only 2 additional after that to make diamond( luckily one is already scheduled ) we tend to book 7 day cruises

it seems that D to D+ is the long slog and we will not even discuss Pinnacle heheheh

a JS is great way to accumulate points quickly for not much more than balcony price. and if you book JS GTY you may even get bumped up to a Grand!

On HAL you get an extra point for every $300 you spend onboard :-)

Are you listening Miami?

Sorry what is HAL? I wish... We were just on the Oasis and we had a very large bill at the end!!! Lol!

I received double, 10 points on a 5 day cruise, out of Tampa on the Brilliance last November by booking a cabin as a solo. There was even a 0% single supplement and I still received double points. It was a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with a balcony (E2).

I know this isn't normal practice on RC ships, but has anyone ever asked for their C&A upgrade mid-cruise and received it? I'll become Diamond on day 2 of my next cruise.

Not looking for the free cocktails, just another quiet place with a nice view to read my kindle during the day. I'll be sailing with my daughter and her friend over spring break. I've read here the views on Freedom class ships are better in the DL than the CL.

Edited by jules815

I know this isn't normal practice on RC ships, but has anyone ever asked for their C&A upgrade mid-cruise and received it? I'll become Diamond on day 2 of my next cruise.

Not looking for the free cocktails, just another quiet place with a nice view to read my kindle during the day. I'll be sailing with my daughter and her friend over spring break. I've read here the views on Freedom class ships are better in the DL than the CL.

We're in the exact situation. 2nd day of our next Cruise and we'll have our 80 points for Diamond. I will be surprised, albeit pleasantly, if anyone has been upgraded mid cruise.

Any number have asked but none received.:D

There's a separate thread discussing upgrading mid-cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2155966

Edited by iheartbda

We did, but it was only for platinum, so not much benefit (invitation to the top-tier event), but also no great outlay for Royal. We asked politely while booking our next cruise on board, and the LA was kind enough to oblige. I wouldn't expect it with diamond, since there are significant benefits there.

I received double, 10 points on a 5 day cruise, out of Tampa on the Brilliance last November by booking a cabin as a solo. There was even a 0% single supplement and I still received double points. It was a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with a balcony (E2).

What's a 0% single supplement?

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app