Kusadasi Genuine fake watches

We are cruising on the Queen Elizabeth and will be in Kusadasi on 22nd October. Some years ago we were there and bought some watches at the shop in the picture below. We would like to contact them before we arrive there but cannot find the actual name of this shop. Can anyone identify this shop for us?

962073125_Kusadasi(15).jpg.3390cf4fd5453805b40813d8dd984108.jpg

If you have not been to Kusadasi for several years you are going to find that things have changed. The once dirty/dusty bazaar area has now evolved into a pretty nice pedestrian neighborhood and many of the old shops have been replace with newer places carrying even more inventory. There are now several different watch stores that have "Genuine Fake Watches" on their sign since the Turks are well aware that this has become a somewhat infamous moniker. Since most of these shops carry the exact same products, we now think its smart to shop around and do some price comparison and the usual bargaining. Playing 2 or 3 stores off against each other can sometimes yield amazing deals.

Hank

Are the genuine fake watches even worth purchasing?

If you like "genuine fake watches" they are pretty cool. On our last visit we bought 2 Rolexes (I got the latest Daytona model) and a Cartier. Total cost was under $100. Of course I could buy a real Rolex Daytona if I wanted to spend about $30,000 but that fake one works quite fine :)

Hank

If you do not get a response here, I would print a copy of the photo out and ask when you are there.

Keith

Keith, just had a funny thought. So you walk up to any watch dealer in Kusadasi and show them the photo and you know exactly what they would say, "Oh, that used to be my shop but we have remodeled! Please come inside!" :confused:

Hank

Are the genuine fake watches even worth purchasing?

I am still wearing a fake designer watch that I bought back in 1998 and find that they last much longer than any others. Maybe the genuine article would last just as long or even longer, but I'd have had to pay heaps more for it so, for me, the fakes are fine. I'm not doing the genuine article manufacturer out of a sale as I'd never, unfortunately, be able to afford one! :D

Pretty irrelevant to the thread, but a delivery-driver I know bought a couple of dozen fake Rolex watches to sell on his rounds.

Someone pointed out to him that the name on the face was spelt Rollex.

Mortified, he thought he'd never be able to sell them. :eek:

Wrong. Folk snapped them up for the novelty value. :)

JB :)

• 1 year later...

Just back from a cruise, visit Kusadasi and bought 3 Rolex replica whatches in this shop:

Time Watches and Sunglasses Shop

Mehmet Kandemir

Bozkurt Sokak number 2

DON'T BUY ANYTHING IN THIS SHOP

After 3 days all three watches are broke and don't work anymore.

He offers 3 grades of quality A, B and C. Whe choose the expansive ones and still this is **** !

10 years warranty but he don't reply mail or cellphone.

Watch It !

Edited by flashcs

Just back from a cruise, visit Kusadasi and bought 3 Rolex replica whatches in this shop:

Mehmet Kandemir

Bozkurt Sokak number 2

He offers 3 grades of quality A, B and C. Whe choose the expansive ones and still this is **** !

Watch It !

When you buy fake watches (when the real ones will cost several thousands) or anything else (bags, clothing etc.) than that's what you get.

Nobody should buy anything at all, because all the items will be produced in "slavery-like" enviroments. And depending on your fellow customs officer you might really get into troubles even if you have just one item with you.

Some of the fake watches do actually work for a long time but it is like rolling the dice. About 15 years ago we bought a fake Rolex for my Father in Law and gave it to him as sort of a joke. He wore that watch everywhere and would happily tell anyone (who would listen) how is wonderful Son in Law bought him a Rolex. That watch worked perfectly for about 10 years. Two years ago I bought another very classy looking fake Rolex (a Daytona model that sells for about $12,000. As soon as DD saw that watch she begged me to give it to her (she lives in NYC and works in the fashion industry). To this day she wears that watch (when appropriate with her outfit) and it fools everyone. The theory is that if a lady carries an expensive designer purse, then folks figure everything else they are wearing is also real :).

Hank

When you buy fake watches (when the real ones will cost several thousands) or anything else (bags, clothing etc.) than that's what you get.

Nobody should buy anything at all, because all the items will be produced in "slavery-like" enviroments. And depending on your fellow customs officer you might really get into troubles even if you have just one item with you.

I agree, good reason to not buy fakes but also because has a negative impact on the authentic producers. However, it's hard to find anything these days that's not produced in slavery-like conditions, even your favorite designer goods.

You got to pay for what you get and sometimes you don't get what you pay for. I've had good luck with premium fake. They were real mechanical, waterproof, and had similar weight / finish, but that was big time 100 bucks a decade + ago. I lost interest in wearing it, but was a fun novelty discussion conversation with a friend who had a genuine one. I guess they don't make fake like they used to even the expensive ones they've gone "cheap.":D

Mehmet Kandemir

Bozkurt Sokak number 2

Watch It !

Wow, the must have sold a lot of genuine fake and made some serious $ as they stores are a serious upgrade!

p1259772303-3.jpg

You think your 1000% percent mark up genuine stuff isn't manufactured with similar slave like conditions? I hate to tell you the answer is it is made in the same deplorable conditions but all the extra money you paid pays for some serious money on commercials on TV, magazines etc., some high priced executives and a little for the improved product ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread - we saw MANY "replica" watches and particularly handbags in Kusadasi and istanbul. It's been years since those were readily available in the States. We saw many lovely shops that had such beautiful designer label bags that it was impossible to tell that they weren't real.

I had a long conversation with our Istanbul guide about them. He didn't think there was anything wrong with replicas and that appears to be the prevailing attitude there. My husband had worked for an anti-counterfeit company that worked with luxury goods, so I was coming from another point of view. The guide was quite surprised at some of what we shared with him about the counterfeit goods and the "gray market", but I don't think it will dissuade him from purchasing those items. And, he was quite eager to show us the "best place for handbags" in the Spice Market, but we politely declined.

• 3 months later...

Be aware that it is a crime to buy fake watches and import them to the European Union. If you debark in a European port after your cruise and it happens that you are searched by customs the watches will be confiscated and you will pay a hefty fee or even land in jail.

Be aware that it is a crime to buy fake watches and import them to the European Union. If you debark in a European port after your cruise and it happens that you are searched by customs the watches will be confiscated and you will pay a hefty fee or even land in jail.

And the chances that you are searched by customs is minuscule.

• 3 weeks later...

Only if they think you are bringing them back for resale.

A single watch or two is not going to get confiscated. If you bring back a couple dozen, then you may be in trouble.

I went through secondary inspection in Rome and declared a Rolex fake watch.... they didn't give it a second glance.

Edited by sylmack

Then we suggest you follow the rules (this seems to be a cultural phenomenon) while most of the world relishes breaking the rules.

Hank

P.S. DD loves the Rolex Daytona (fake...of course) we brought her from Turkey.

Edited by Hlitner

Just make sure the hands are going in the correct direction. Some we looked at, the hands were going round anti-clockwise!!

ROFL. If I had seen one of those, we would now own it. That is a real classic watch.

Hank

That is a bit over the top, normal tourists do not go to jail for this. I used to work in Amsterdam Airport where custom officials told me that if somebody has one or two counterfeit articles, it is not that much of a problem. They are only interested if you have a suitcase full of the stuff, especially if different sizes, because that is clearly for reselling.