Light Sleeper? Sailing on the Liberty? AVOID these 2 staterooms...

Eeyoregon

Just sailed on the Carnival Liberty. We had two cabins and both were a bust when it comes to noise in the cabins.

Balcony cabin 8381. Fabulous location. TERRIBLE NOISE from above. No matter what time of day, you could hear a LOUD rolling sound (assuming carts in the buffet/galley). Even with ear plugs and a fan for white noise, it was noticeable. Also, the balcony door is very loose (doesn't close/seal tight) and when our neighbors were talking on their balcony, in normal speaking voices, you could hear every word. Out of 16 cruises, this was the first time I could hear conversations from the adjoining balconies while inside my cabin.

Interior cabin 2417. Fabulous location, especially if motion sickness is a concern. TERRIBLE NOISE from above. Just about any time we were in the cabin there was loud banging and what sounded like chairs being dragged. Again, assuming since under the galley and main dining room, that is where the noise was generating from.

It was a 3 night cruise so we made the best of it. Just wanted to give my 2 cents worth in case someone is contemplating either of those cabins and is sensitive to noise.

Luckily, Guys Burgers made up for it, LOL.