Carnival Victory balcony or suite

pensh

I am currently booked for 4 nights in a balcony room on the Victory. I am thinking about upgrading to a Suite. Do you feel that $400 total for 2 people is worth it?

Only you can determine if you feel this is a good value for your dollar.

Personally I would not spend the money to upgrade on such a short cruise. We feel the money is better spent on doing things or toward our next cruise, rather than the room on short cruises and will even go with inside rooms sometimes.

On longer cruises we like having the extra room as we tend to find value in spending more for a balcony or grand scenic ocean view/scenic ocean view for the extra amount of time we are in our room during the vacation.

I have never gotten a suite but have seen them many times...again for me I don't see that much extra value over the other types of rooms I mentioned and would rather save the money and take an extra vacation or two during the year.

If money was no object..then I would most certainly upgrade

No. We only upgraded to a suite on our upcoming 3 day cruise as there are 4 of us and it was only a $200 upgrade, but we got $95 more in OBC with our TA, so $105 made sense to us for four of us in the room. Larger balcony and larger room. But for $400 for two, no way. Especially how the value of suite perks is worth about $50 (FTTF, but missing some perks of FTTF) and what some bottled water and a bag of laundry.

Just buy FTTF and save the money cheers or something.

I am currently booked for 4 nights in a balcony room on the Victory. I am thinking about upgrading to a Suite. Do you feel that $400 total for 2 people is worth it?

We did a 4 night on Victory in August. We spent such little time in our room that I say NO! We slept about 4-5 hours each night, showered and got ready and were gone again. I take forever at home to get ready - but not on the cruise. Too many fun things to be doing besides getting ready! The only "leisure" time we spent in our cabin was when we boarded the first day and that was for me to unpack and for hubby to take a nap since we got up at 3 am to catch our flight out of NC.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Are the interior rooms the same size as the balcony room? The pictures of the balcony rooms look so much bigger. The last time we cruised we had the largest suite on the Sensation but we had our two kids with us. I think I was spoiled by the bigger room. Still haven't decided if we should switch. Logic tells me NO.

We upgraded once and did not feel it was worth the money. The bathroom was a little bigger with a small tub instead of a shower & granite countertops, but the 3 cruises since then we just booked the balcony room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No interior rooms are not same size as balcony rooms. Biggest difference is there is a couch in the balcony room, where as the interior rooms do not have the space for this. The interior rooms are smaller not not like OMG smaller, but certainly smaller. A few feet though can make a difference. After a suite, and a few other room types, the square footage gap difference in the rooms narrows. Ocean view rooms for the most part are the in between with the inside of the room being the same as the balcony (space and couch) just no outside balcony.

Now every ship has the select group of "one off" rooms that do not meet the standard floor plan in varying ways. They are shaped different so they are laid out different or have slightly different furniture set ups. Some of these people love and snag quickly..some others people don't like.

If you stick with a standard ocean view you can have your added space without the balcony price...or for an even bigger price savings inside is cozy but if it is a short cruise and you won't be in the room much..then that savings can go toward something else fun.

For me I save the $ in short cruises and spend it elsewhere..longer cruises especially with sea days (which I like to lounge around and take naps and watch TV on)..I go Ocean View minimum...and usually Grand Scenic Ocean View or balcony depending on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We dont find a huge difference between the Suites and Balcony, but obviously upgrade if its a good deal. An extra $200pp probably isnt much better of a deal then if you had just originally booked a Suite...