Ecstasy Owners Suite?

princesslondon

I saw on someone's trip report about an upgrade fairy call to an owners suite and hated to jump on their thread with this question, but is there an owner's suite on the Ecstasy? We booked a junior suite because at the time that was the only suite available, but just saw where a grand suite is now open. Is that the same as an owner's suite, the CCL website pics looked nothing like the pics the person posted. We are going in a few weeks and live in Charleston and are looking forward to a quick easy getaway.

In addition to the photo posted, you asked if the Owners suite was the same as the Grand Suite, no they are very different. There are only two Owner's Suites, located on deck 12 directly above Camp Ocean. If you look at a deck plan for Ecstasy, on deck 12 forward you will see a semi-circular grayed out area around the atrium, that's where the Owner's suites are located (if the photo above didn't make it clear ;) ).

I looked at the deck plans and don't see them there either. Do you have to call to see if they are available?

Yes you have call Carnival to inquire about them - they're not available to be booked online. That grayed out area on deck 12 that I mentioned is where they are located but I guess Carnival doesn't want them publicized much thus they aren't obvious on the deck plan diagrams.

Many times if you call about them you will get empty silence.... One, not all Carnival employees know they exist(yeah stupid but there ya go) or they have been told to say No. Most of the time they are reserved for a large (which means a lot of money) wedding party or someone who books 50-100 cabins. If you get lucky and nothing like that happens you might get a "once in a lifetime" upgrade offer, although the upgrade price is not always cheap. I've been in one several times, never been able to book one though

Many times if you call about them you will get empty silence.... One, not all Carnival employees know they exist(yeah stupid but there ya go) or they have been told to say No. Most of the time they are reserved for a large (which means a lot of money) wedding party or someone who books 50-100 cabins. If you get lucky and nothing like that happens you might get a "once in a lifetime" upgrade offer, although the upgrade price is not always cheap. I've been in one several times, never been able to book one though
We had the "once in a lifetime" call on Fantasy sailing out of Charleston. You're right, it isn't cheap. We went for it anyway, and loved it. You get a bedroom with a large bathroom (separate shower and hot tub) and walk-in closet, living room with pull-out sofabed, two flat-screen TVs, a dining area with bar and refrigerator, and a balcony.

We had the "once in a lifetime" call on Fantasy sailing out of Charleston. You're right, it isn't cheap. We went for it anyway, and loved it. You get a bedroom with a large bathroom (separate shower and hot tub) and walk-in closet, living room with pull-out sofabed, two flat-screen TVs, a dining area with bar and refrigerator, and a balcony.

We had a friend that was paying for a "child" to get married (child was 40ish) and had spent a good bit so he was offered the suite. We spent a good bit of time in there and it was fun for sure! I was always amazed that bigger newer ships had nothing like them. The talk when the Fantasy class ships first came out is that those were reserved for when the bigwigs of Carnival wanted to go sailing and at the time those were the "mega-ships"!

This is my first post here. We are leaving out on October 14, we just got the once in a lifetime call and upgraded to the penthouse we are looking forward to our cruise even more now. We were told we now get platinum boarding and all other platinum perks. Are we on the same cruise?

We got the 'once in a lifetime email' offer to upgrade to an owner's suite. The pics they sent were amazing..but the cost to upgrade was just more than we wanted to add on to our total. Was told they only offer them to those that are booked in suites and they do not offer them on the website. It was so hard to say no because they look awesome.

The friends I sailed with on Ecstasy on 8/30 upgraded to S2. I have comments in my review thread.

Be aware that it will be very loud. The "disclaimer" that they received (after they'd paid to upgrade (and it was already within final payment)) mentioned possible noise from the jogging track and deck chairs above. But the noise was from the insanely loud bass from the DJ. Seriously, the fixtures in the bathroom were rattling and the bathroom isn't even on the wall against the pool side.

And they could hear the very loud "accoustic" guitarist down in the Lobby all those decks up with the door closed.

Considering what they paid for those 5 nights, one would think Carnival might have given them a bit of OBC but they didn't. They went down to the service desk on three separate occasions. Knowing my friends, they were not obnoxious and demanding about it. I'm sure they were simply asking if the musicians/DJ would just turn it down a little bit.

Sure, the suite was amazing. But I'm sailing solo for B2B 14 night TAs in inside cabins for about the same cost. That's one full month at sea compared to 5 nights. :eek:

If I had money to burn, I'd be on a luxury line, not in an Owner's Suite on a Fantasy-class ship (and I love the Fantasy-class ships).

The friends I sailed with on Ecstasy on 8/30 upgraded to S2. I have comments in my review thread.

Be aware that it will be very loud. The "disclaimer" that they received (after they'd paid to upgrade (and it was already within final payment)) mentioned possible noise from the jogging track and deck chairs above. But the noise was from the insanely loud bass from the DJ. Seriously, the fixtures in the bathroom were rattling and the bathroom isn't even on the wall against the pool side.

And they could hear the very loud "accoustic" guitarist down in the Lobby all those decks up with the door closed.

Considering what they paid for those 5 nights, one would think Carnival might have given them a bit of OBC but they didn't. They went down to the service desk on three separate occasions. Knowing my friends, they were not obnoxious and demanding about it. I'm sure they were simply asking if the musicians/DJ would just turn it down a little bit.

Sure, the suite was amazing. But I'm sailing solo for B2B 14 night TAs in inside cabins for about the same cost. That's one full month at sea compared to 5 nights. :eek:

If I had money to burn, I'd be on a luxury line, not in an Owner's Suite on a Fantasy-class ship (and I love the Fantasy-class ships).

I am sure sorry they had that problem! Most comments are quite the opposite. I do remember though that our friends had S1, wonder if that makes that big of a difference... then again when they went they still had steel bands!