Considering Panama canal tour with Carnival Miracle

norhel

Hey everyone :)

Just looking for some advise.

We are 3 Norwegians considering taking the partial Panama canal transit with the Carnival Miracle on April 8 next year. It's to and from Tampa, Florida.

I have a few questions that I hope people here can advise me on.

1. How is the immigration when the ship arrive back in Tampa when the cruise is finished?
    Due to different reasons, we always have to go to the secondary check point when going through US Immigration. Would that have any impact if we book Carnival transfers to Tampa Airport for a 2 pm flight when the cruise is finished?
  2. How is the ship in general? We have been with NCL and RCCL. Any major difference from NCL and RCCL?

Thanks for your help :-)

The cruise is April 14, 2018 and we are booked on this cruise. We have been on the Miracle 3 other times and have enjoyed the ship. It is not one of the bigger ships but is really easy to get around. It does not have all the newer food venues like Guys burgers nor does it have the outdoor theater but we still enjoy what she does have. We liked this cruise because we could do the canal on a 8 day cruise instead of 10 or 14.

I'm booked on that sailing and looking so forward to it.

I wouldn't think you will have any immigration problems. The port is fairly small and efficient compared to Miami.

Keep in mind that this sailing only has two ports and no stop to do excursion in the canal itself

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

When you do decide to cruise the canal look into the Coral Princess. It is a far superior ship when compared to the Miracle.
And quite a bit more money. I'm cruising on Miracle in April to PC. I've cruised on Miracle before and enjoyed it. I'd rather spend the $$ difference on other things that make my trip enjoyable for me.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
When you do decide to cruise the canal look into the Coral Princess. It is a far superior ship when compared to the Miracle.

Have you sailed on both ships? Would you mind comparing them in detail, to help those of us who are considering both?

Thanks!