Magen's Bay Beach

FiShTaiLs0421

My husband and I are scheduled for the Magen's Bay Beach and Skyride to Paradise Point Excursion through Carnival on Jan 13th on the Magic. I know after reading an article posted by Royal Caribbean that Magen's Bay was destroyed, does anybody know how the skyride faired? We're trying to decide if we want to just go ahead and cancel this excursion and book something else. We want to snorkel and after reading the article about the beach being destroyed and only a few building standing I'm not sure Megan's bay will be worth it. Any imput would be great!!

I'm also aware that things will change within 90 days. What are other options for snorkeling at St Thomas? Carnival has stated that all ships will be returning to normal itineraries beginning January.

We will be visiting St Thomas on Nov 10 with RCCL. I don't know about the skyride, but this is on their website regarding St Thomas and Magen's Bay:

"Upon arrival in St. Thomas guests will be able to enjoy a vast array of activities, dining and shopping. Downtown shops are open and have full power, the majority of restaurants and bars are also open, and the boats and catamarans that are used to enjoy the waters of the Caribbean are ready for guests. We are also partnering with the USVI government to restore Magen’s Bay, one of St. Thomas’ most popular tourist attractions. The beach will have its grand re-opening coinciding with Adventure’s arrival on November 10. Magen’s Bay will be joined by Secret Sands Beach, Secret Harbor Beach Club, Lindquists Beach, Honeymoon Beach on Water Island, and Abi Beach – all open for guests to enjoy."

You will probably be able to get more accurate information after some of us get back from visiting these islands over the next couple of weeks. :)

Magens is not a snorkeling beach if that is your main interest. There is no coral or much of any fish there. The snorkeling beaches are Coki, Sapphire, and Secret Harbor. All three have food and drink options now.

Reports say that the sky ride tram did not sustain much damage but I don't know if it is operational.