8 days on Carnival Horizon or 7 on Symphony for Eastern Caribbean

NOSaints9

9df437635a9d5e0119cfd99d49069265.jpg

We’ve only been on Carnival and love the service and the food, and it’s nice most of the food is complimentary and it’s one more day, and always have a good time, but symphony of the seas and the whole Oasis class seems appealing from the entertainment and the variety of food options, based on internary, price, ship, entertainment and overall cost including price for dining, drinks what would be your choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We didn't like the Vista so no Horizon for us anytime soon. Oasis class is awesome but the ship is more the destination, IMO Royal has a better product. Carnival is moving to more fee based food options and the Horizon will have them. Oasis class has plenty of free options and more choices. The itinerary and price would also be a major factor. Try Oasis class you won't be disappointed. After 20 cruises mostly on Carnival we tried Allure. When we walked on Allure & Harmony it was a big WOW. Very cool class of ships. Although I wouldn't sail on that large a ship all the time.

Edited by skiingj

We are torn between the same two ships for our Summer 2019 trip. We are sailing on Vista in February, so depending on how that goes, it will probably help with the decision. We have yet to sail on Royal, but I do like to see the ocean when we cruise, and many folks say the focus is definitely inward away from the ocean on Oasis class, so that knocks it down for me personally. The dining venues on deck 5 with outdoor seating on Vista class are a nice touch. Plus, I prefer an 8 day sailing and the Southern Caribbean is very nice. We will probably go with a Havana cabin on Horizon, so that's a big plus as well. As you can tell, I'm leaning toward Horizon for now.

One of things that the "mega of the seas" class has a a drawback is the lack of ports where they can dock (note only three on your potential sailing) due to their huge size. As to the "for pay" discussion noted above, by FAR, royal still has way more opportunities to take from your wallet for food (as in almost double digits). Obviously, the choice is yours. Let us know how it was and your thoughts when you return.

But those Mega of the Seas ships have built in ports :cool: . Some people just stay on the ship and enjoy it. :D

I can’t argue they aren’t not that big, but itinerary was listed so that is why I commented on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to disagree, maybe I am wrong but looking at videos, photos and the deck plan layout I say Symphony has more outdoor/exterior deck.

Symphony also gives you different feels such as Boardwalk and Central Park

The width of the Horizon is more narrow....122' compared to the Symphony.....217'

Space Ratio on Horizon is 28 and on the Symphony 36

Depends where you are flying in and if you have to spend the night. POM has no security to enter and is roomier to drive around. POE is closer to airport - FLL. I really like MIA as the skyline and South Beach make for a better backdrop IMHO.

Even if you fly into FLL and sail out of POM there are transportation companies that will do the transfer for $13-$15. At least that's what it cost a couple years ago. SAS Transportation comes to mind, always had great service from them. Uber is now allowed into airports and ports and is a good option as well. I once had to drive the Uber car into POE when they were banned. It was funny...

FWIW, the Horizon sailing is Easter week, which is what is driving the price. I wouldn't sail that week (or the week prior, probably) because of the increase in kids (and I have an almost 5 year old - and am dreading when he's in school and we'll have to travel based on the school schedule).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I loved the Vista and also the Oasis class ships. I would choose the Horizon only because it is an 8 day. The cloud 9 spa is amazing. The heated stone loungers, different types of steam rooms, and the Thalasso pool is the ultimate in pampering.

I have to disagree, maybe I am wrong but looking at videos, photos and the deck plan layout I say Symphony has more outdoor/exterior deck.

Symphony also gives you different feels such as Boardwalk and Central Park

The width of the Horizon is more narrow....122' compared to the Symphony.....217'

Space Ratio on Horizon is 28 and on the Symphony 36

What exactly does space ratio mean?