Carnival Ecstasy Hits gangway

cody4192

Just got off the Ecstasy in Galvaston this a.m. while she was turning around to pull into the pier she hit the elevated gangway that embark & disembark guest. Not much damage to ship other than scraped paint but several window panels fell out of gangway.

I was on Empress and was supposed to be off at 8:15 ... instead they took ALL the wheelchairs who were not self assist, one wheelchair and 20 of their closest friends and took them in elevators in front of the self assist from our deck. ... every single wheelchair and folks who asked for wheelchair assist was taken off before we were allowed to board a elevator. (them and all of them family or whomever said they were with the wheelchair)

I wasnt allowed to get on a elevator until after 10 am ... and I got up befor 6 am, and was waiting shortly after 7 am because the schedule said we got off first. Purser's desk said first... instead I wasnt allowed in the elevators, those who werent even self assist got them... totally wrong.

I waited almost 3 hours to get off while others waltzed up with one wheelchair, in one case a whole bus load, (they said hey we are on the same bus) and all were given severl elevators, when only two were stopping on our deck.

Perfect cruise except for the disembarkation ...I didnt get home in time for a appointment due to how they screwed up the disembarkation. Still not happy with how unfair they did it.

I didnt get out of there until 10:30. First off on the schedule was last off the ship.

I don't know if they left it extended or not. but as we were boarding the tranport bus to parking lot everyone was talking about why we had to disembark on deck 3 instead of deck 7. As we pulled away from terminal you could clearly see the scrapes on the aft end of ship & several crew members .looking @ the damage

I don't know if they left it extended or not. but as we were boarding the tranport bus to parking lot everyone was talking about why we had to disembark on deck 3 instead of deck 7. As we pulled away from terminal you could clearly see the scrapes on the aft end of ship & several crew members .looking @ the damage

Deck 3 is where you debark from not 7 :confused:

I was on Empress and was supposed to be off at 8:15 ... instead they took ALL the wheelchairs who were not self assist, one wheelchair and 20 of their closest friends and took them in elevators in front of the self assist from our deck. ... every single wheelchair and folks who asked for wheelchair assist was taken off before we were allowed to board a elevator. (them and all of them family or whomever said they were with the wheelchair)

I wasnt allowed to get on a elevator until after 10 am ... and I got up befor 6 am, and was waiting shortly after 7 am because the schedule said we got off first. Purser's desk said first... instead I wasnt allowed in the elevators, those who werent even self assist got them... totally wrong.

I waited almost 3 hours to get off while others waltzed up with one wheelchair, in one case a whole bus load, (they said hey we are on the same bus) and all were given severl elevators, when only two were stopping on our deck.

Perfect cruise except for the disembarkation ...I didnt get home in time for a appointment due to how they screwed up the disembarkation. Still not happy with how unfair they did it.

I didnt get out of there until 10:30. First off on the schedule was last off the ship.

Fire sorry this happen to you..Not a good way to end a great cruise.:mad:

Deck 3 is where you debark from not 7 :confused:

Deck 7, Empress is the usual deck they debark from on Ecstasy. Iv always gone off on that deck.

Steve (the CD) said we entered deck 3 to get on because of unusual maintenance which had to be preformed, which got done ... so we would be getting off on deck 7 as usual. ... except it never happened.

I heard anything from they couldnt get the door opened, to someone on my shuttle said he was told it was a mechanical problem.

I still think they should have allowed those who were self assist to get off before you take a single wheelchair and 20 of their closest friends on the same bus. I dont object to a wheelchair ... its the 20 closest friends and the extended families who didnt get up at the crack of dawn because they were told they would be first off.

Why wouldn't they let people use the stairways down to deck three to debark ???

Why wouldn't they let people use the stairways down to deck three to debark ???

You could ... but the reason we waited with the handicapped is my sister is handicapped. She can manage a few steps, but sure couldnt get down 4 flights of steps.

In fact they said go take the steps if you want to get off. ...those of us stuck waiting for all the wheelchairs and all their family and friends couldnt do stairs ... or we sure would have. One guy said his toe was broke, another wore a leg brace etc... those of us who couldnt use the stairs for good reasons could have walked off but not down 4 flights of stairs with luggage.

Whats the point of self assist if you dont get to get off before they call the numbers?

We are also in the quandry that if we book a HC cabin, if we dont board with wheelchairs, walk on, they said then we chance being moved from a HC cabin. ... so its not a new problem with Carnival.

You could ... but the reason we waited with the handicapped is my sister is handicapped. She can manage a few steps, but sure couldnt get down 4 flights of steps.

In fact they said go take the steps if you want to get off. ...those of us stuck waiting for all the wheelchairs and all their family and friends couldnt do stairs ... or we sure would have. One guy said his toe was broke, another wore a leg brace etc... those of us who couldnt use the stairs for good reasons could have walked off but not down 4 flights of stairs with luggage.

Whats the point of self assist if you dont get to get off before they call the numbers?

We are also in the quandry that if we book a HC cabin, if we dont board with wheelchairs, walk on, they said then we chance being moved from a HC cabin. ... so its not a new problem with Carnival.

I agree you should have been allowed off first. If it would have been me i would have asked for a wheelchair for Karen at that point.And i would send a form of complaint this should not have happened.

All seven times I've been on the Ecstasy debarkation has been a total mess. I understand that two times we had fog issues, but the other times we didn't and it was still a zoo. No organization and no one follows the zone numbers. The staff is friendly, but they really need some leadership on the debarkation.

Also, we have always embarked and debarked on deck 3.

• 2 months later...

Archived