Cosol Island Tour vs Spencer Ambros Land, Sea & Beach Adventure Tours

miss_rach

We'll be there in Nov for the day and most folks have said to do one of the sort of everything tours. After spending some time researching those tours it seems that Cosol Island and Spencer Ambros Land, Sea & Beach Adventure ones come up the most and both are highly recommended.

From the webpage Spencer takes a much small group via boat to the various sites, where Cosol uses a typical island bus/van to get the group around.

I see advantages of both (one being getting to see more enroute to each tour site, and maybe less time there) vs by water getting there much quicker, seeing less sights enroute and possibly more time at each site.

That's what my guess is but I'm looking for all you that have been there (this is our first trup there) and want to see what you all have to say.

Pros/Cons of each....

Cheers!

We'll be there in Nov for the day and most folks have said to do one of the sort of everything tours. After spending some time researching those tours it seems that Cosol Island and Spencer Ambros Land, Sea & Beach Adventure ones come up the most and both are highly recommended.

From the webpage Spencer takes a much small group via boat to the various sites, where Cosol uses a typical island bus/van to get the group around.

I see advantages of both (one being getting to see more enroute to each tour site, and maybe less time there) vs by water getting there much quicker, seeing less sights enroute and possibly more time at each site.

That's what my guess is but I'm looking for all you that have been there (this is our first trup there) and want to see what you all have to say.

Pros/Cons of each....

Cheers!

Cosol uses St Lucia typical buses, which are actually minivans, and hold - max - 14 passengers.. His tour is usually 10-12 per van for more comfort for everyone. So, if that's been what's holding you back, no worries. You miss some of the northern end of the island coastal views going with Cosol as its land both ways, but have dome spectacular land views, stops, tastings, etc.

Spencer uses same size vans for the land portion of the tour... Similar amount of time at rhe shared stops, ie volcano and mud baths, waterfalls, but longer beach time. And you have the amazing coastal views both ways, but miss out on the land views and additional stops, etc..

So, it's a coin toss..both are excellent.

• 2 weeks later...