Just Got Off Pride...Any Questions???

swodog94

We literally just got home from our cruise on Carnival Pride from 23-30 July 2017. We sailed the Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay/Freeport itinerary. I'll be writing an in depth review (with lots of pictures) this week but if you have any questions about the ship, our itinerary or embarkation/debarkation in the Port of Baltimore, ask away. I'll try and answer as best I can!

How was the entertainment staff? Any standouts? Opinions on the cruise director?

Saffie was our CD and she did a pretty good job. However, she was getting off the ship with us for her vacation and Richie Rich was taking over. Also, the Entertainment Director, Britney, was good, but she was leaving also for maternity leave. So, not sure how the next team will be.

How were the ports? Especially Freeport & Half Moon Cay? And Baltimore? Is it easy getting to/ parking at? Thinking about doing this same cruise in November.

Half Moon Cay is amazing! The water is soooo blue and the sand is sooo white...and it's reallly hot! We had a cabana and we were still wrecked at the end of the day. But it really was the highlight of the cruise for me. Freeport is pretty boring. We had been there before so this time we just got off the ship to do a drive by of the shops on the pier, get a drink at Fat Tuesday's, and buy a shirt at Senor Frog's. Baltimore is easy to get to, the cruise terminal is right off of I-95. Parking is plentiful and while not cheap ($15 per day) it is secure and right next to the ship so you don't have to take a shuttle or anything.

How was the tender process at HMC? Long lines (in hot sun)?

The tendering process seemed pretty smooth to me, but we had Priority since we were suite guests, had FTTF and had rented a cabana for the day. We were on the first tender to the island. The last tender is at 4:15pm and we waited until about 3:30 to leave, so the line wasn't that long and we only had to stand in the sun for a little bit (maybe 3-5 minutes?) and chose to sit on the lower deck of the tender, out of the sun.

Sounds like a great cruise! How was the ship? Interested to know if Guy's Burgers are on it. Love his food!!

The ship is great! She's an older ship so she's showing some wear and tear, but the crew does a great job keeping her clean and looking good. We like the Spirit class because we feel they are just the right size (approx. 2500 pax). There is a Guy's Burger Joint on board (I had quite a few!), as well as a Blue Iguana Burrito bar (had a bunch of those too!).

What time did the parking lot open? Also, are they not allowing a line to form to get into the parking lot before they open it?

I'm not sure when they open the gates and start letting cars in. We arrived at 1150 or so and drove right in for our 1230 check-in window. On the day we left, we were driving off the lot at 1050 or so and there were cars already lined up inside the fence, waiting to park. Not sure if they allow cars to stack up outside the fence.

I'm not sure when they open the gates and start letting cars in. We arrived at 1150 or so and drove right in for our 1230 check-in window. On the day we left, we were driving off the lot at 1050 or so and there were cars already lined up inside the fence, waiting to park. Not sure if they allow cars to stack up outside the fence.

Thank you, that helps for when I'm watching Pride come in next week and what time to head out of the house

Sounds like you had an enjoyable cruise. We are sailing on 10/8 and can't wait. If you attended, how did they run the comedy shows? On each of our last two Pride cruises they did it differently each cruise.

We the the Sprite class ships because of the size and floor plan. The best part is we are only a three hour drive away from the pier.

The tendering process seemed pretty smooth to me, but we had Priority since we were suite guests, had FTTF and had rented a cabana for the day. We were on the first tender to the island. The last tender is at 4:15pm and we waited until about 3:30 to leave, so the line wasn't that long and we only had to stand in the sun for a little bit (maybe 3-5 minutes?) and chose to sit on the lower deck of the tender, out of the sun.

So glad to hear that you were able to get that cabana and made it to HMC! Looking forward to your review!

Did you feel any vibrations? Was it smooth sailing? What nights are formal nights? Did the Red Frog Pub have any good entertainment? Thanks

Yep, lots of vibrating back aft. It's a well documented problem with Pride. It's especially evident in the MDR. It was mostly smooth sailing. Very windy on the first sea day with upwards of 50 kts across the deck...the closed the slides, mini golf and secured all the chairs on deck 10 (Sun Deck). Also, the last sea day was cloudy and rainy and we rocked pretty bad once we got north of Hatteras until we entered Ches Bay.

The two elegant nights were the first sea day (Monday 24JUL) and on Freeport day (Friday 28JUL).

The Frog had a live band every night...the Surfin' Birds I think. We didn't go to listen to then, but a few I walked by and they were playing...sounded pretty good.

we are doing the same itinerary next summers. its a multi generational cruise. inlaws 50th anniversary. Hubby and I's 20th. Taking 16 year old son and 14 year old daughter. any tips/ suggestions welcome. can't wait for the review!!!!!

Baltimore is easy to get to, the cruise terminal is right off of I-95. Parking is plentiful and while not cheap ($15 per day) it is secure and right next to the ship so you don't have to take a shuttle or anything.
We love sailing out of Baltimore - and compared to NYC ($40/day), it's downright cheap!:) Glad you had a good cruise, and thanks for posting.