All Inclusive Photo Package

DRPWDunIL

When I saw the $99 deal, I purchased for both my Alaska and Hawaii cruise. We finished the Alaska cruise in September, and our photos averaged $8.17 each. Alaska was a 10 day cruise, so when we do Hawaii next March for 15 days, I am guessing I can get the average cost even lower. As others have said, it is nice not having to tell the photographers no all the time.

Last week we returned from a 28 day South Pacific cruise.

I very seldom complete the Treasure Hunt game that is given out when boarding. Well, this time I got all the stamps needed and attended the raffle. I won the grand prize of the free photo package for the entire cruise. Every time we saw a camera we smiled. Only chose the photos which we really liked, and still had a huge stack.

I think fate played a huge part in me winning, We have been trying to take this cruise for three years, but always had to cancel because of my DH cancer battles. Currently, although he has terminal cancer, he is doing good, and now we have so many beautiful pictures for our memories.

Pam

When I saw the $99 deal, I purchased for both my Alaska and Hawaii cruise. We finished the Alaska cruise in September, and our photos averaged $8.17 each. Alaska was a 10 day cruise, so when we do Hawaii next March for 15 days, I am guessing I can get the average cost even lower. As others have said, it is nice not having to tell the photographers no all the time.

ya if you take pics everytime you see a photographer you should be able to get it way lower. On our cruise to alaska it was 7 days and we got 123 pics for $99

Does the All Inclusive Photo Package include the embarkation photos? I assume so, but wanted to check since the embarkation package is listed separately. I didn't think that you would have to buy this along with the all-inclusive, but I will never assume, LOL.

Yes. Includes embarkation photos. On a recent 15 day Panama Canal cruise, our tablemates who have been on 50 Princess cruises, in their 70’s, and thinking they are “going to die soon and making their final journey”, scored 350 photos, a Reflection DVD, plus a photo album, and USB thumb drive shaped like a Princess ship. All included. . They love looking at pictures of themselves. At every opportunity to have their picture taken they jump at the chance. On deck, in the dining room, every Portrait Nights, Formal Nights, and on shore excursions. Anywhere there is a ship’s photographer.

Not a bad deal for what they paid for the All Inclusive Photo Package. :)

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I have purchased this package for our upcoming cruise but am wondering how it will work if I am travelling with kids. I have myself and one child booked in my room and mom and second child booked in another room (in reality, both kids are in my room). Does this mean that my other child won't be able to get any individual shots included in the package?

Thanks

Yikes, doing a back-2-back. DW is addicted to photos, and is pushing for photo packages. I just can't imagine spending $400 ($500 if onboard) on PICTURES. Especially since, whether we buy the photo package or not, she's going to be stopping us every 5 minutes to take pictures of our own. To me it seems disingenuous to argue of saving $$$ with Princess charging $25 per photo, as that by itself seems outrageous.

Entirely possible I'm being a curmudgeon, but my perspective is just different on pictures. I've always been focused on enjoying the moment, not using it up trying to capture the sight in a picture to maybe look at later.

To each their own, I suppose. I'm trying to figure out some way to make these photo packages actually worth that massive price. Maybe if they have another $99 sale.

Edited by Wildblue

For the people purchasing the photo package just be forewarned that the posed casual pictures (with the white background) are NOT included in the package.

(Also, the platinum studio photos are not included)

Those are the only ones we've gotten in the last 10 years or so and thus the package would be a waste for us.

For the people purchasing the photo package just be forewarned that the posed casual pictures (with the white background) are NOT included in the package.

Those are the only ones we've gotten in the last 10 years or so and thus the package would be a waste for us.

Really? Just the white background ones? That seems odd. I knew the Platinum Studio wasn't included but the package description implies that anything taken by the photographers (which would include the casual portraits with any backdrop) WOULD be! Did they tell you this onboard? Maybe this is yet another time where it is one rule on one ship, another on another ship, and no consistency for the ACTUAL policy?

I have purchased a number of the Photo Packages & have received all of the photos taken including the ones on casual night. Perhaps it’s up to the photo department manager.

Tom😎

Really? Just the white background ones? That seems odd. I knew the Platinum Studio wasn't included but the package description implies that anything taken by the photographers (which would include the casual portraits with any backdrop) WOULD be! Did they tell you this onboard? Maybe this is yet another time where it is one rule on one ship, another on another ship, and no consistency for the ACTUAL policy?

I have purchased a number of the Photo Packages & have received all of the photos taken including the ones on casual night. Perhaps it’s up to the photo department manager.

Tom��

We didn't have a package so didn't care but friends of ours who HAD purchased the package walked up to have their pictures taken while she was taking ours and were told these photos wouldn't be part of the package.

Perhaps it was because the photographer took about a half hour putting us in about 20 different poses.

It was more like a mini-session and not like the quick posed background pictures.

Me and my mom posed one night for the white background photos probably close to 20 different shots and we got them all with the package.

We didn't have a package so didn't care but friends of ours who HAD purchased the package walked up to have their pictures taken while she was taking ours and were told these photos wouldn't be part of the package.

Perhaps it was because the photographer took about a half hour putting us in about 20 different poses.

It was more like a mini-session and not like the quick posed background pictures.

Me and my mom posed one night for the white background photos probably close to 20 different shots and we got them all with the package.

So it sounds like ceilidh1 and Tom have hit the nail on the head.

"Yet another time where it is one rule on one ship, another on another ship, and no consistency for the ACTUAL policy?"

Maybe even same ship, different photographers have different rules because I definitely heard her turn our friends away saying it wouldn't be included.

So it sounds like ceilidh1 and Tom have hit the nail on the head.

"Yet another time where it is one rule on one ship, another on another ship, and no consistency for the ACTUAL policy?"

Maybe even same ship, different photographers have different rules because I definitely heard her turn our friends away saying it wouldn't be included.

The one thing that REALLY bothers me about Princess is the inconsistency. If you have a policy, enforce it across the board! Maybe it's true of all lines but I only really sail Princess so not aware of others faults.....

I believe the photographers get a commission for each picture they take that is purchased - if this doesn't apply to those in a package then that would be why they don't want them "included". Again, I have no problem with that - some of the photographers really do go all out to spend lots of time and get really good shots. However, if that is the case then Princess need to be upfront about what is or isn't included and make sure this is the case 100% of the time.....just my opinion!

The one thing that REALLY bothers me about Princess is the inconsistency. If you have a policy, enforce it across the board! Maybe it's true of all lines but I only really sail Princess so not aware of others faults.....

I believe the photographers get a commission for each picture they take that is purchased - if this doesn't apply to those in a package then that would be why they don't want them "included". Again, I have no problem with that - some of the photographers really do go all out to spend lots of time and get really good shots. However, if that is the case then Princess need to be upfront about what is or isn't included and make sure this is the case 100% of the time.....just my opinion!

Thinking back on it you must be right about the commission.

We had our pictures taken (in costume) on Halloween.

We were laughing a lot , as was the photographer. We had a really good time taking the photos.

We haven't purchased cruise photos in many, many years but the last time was also an impromptu stop at the white background on a casual night when we were also laughing a lot. (In fact I usually bypass the photographers telling them we won't purchase anyways so don't bother taking them)

Anyways, these photos came out really cute and we ended up buying 4 of them. We thought that was a lot but the photographer was visibly disappointed.

I didn't think about her being on commission but it makes a lot of sense now.

As far as the inconsistency - I think it probably happens on all cruise lines.

We also cruise on Celebrity, often on B2Bs. It has happened more than once that a policy on the first leg changes on the second leg. If it's a big deal I go to Guest Relations but it usually isn't worth the trouble (and sometimes it even works out in the positive).

• 2 months later...

Interesting....so it’s there for May but not there in Oct or next March. Something seems to be up. Is this something that gets added closer to the date maybe? We bought it closer to departure last August after getting an email about it from Princess. We didn’t know it existed before then. Maybe it’s only appearing after final payment is made since then you’re guaranteed to be going..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting....so it’s there for May but not there in Oct or next March. Something seems to be up. Is this something that gets added closer to the date maybe? We bought it closer to departure last August after getting an email about it from Princess. We didn’t know it existed before then. Maybe it’s only appearing after final payment is made since then you’re guaranteed to be going..

Maybe they are considering raising the price again.

So this is weird...it’s now available for my cruise. Same price as before $199USD. Don’t know what the criteria is for adding it or when it happens. We are certainly buying it again for this 15 day cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I discovered something interesting for back-to-back cruises. I bit the bullet and got us the $199 photo package for the first cruise. Still felt like even $199 would be too much for the 2nd of the B2B, so we didn't get that. On the 2nd cruise, they snapped a good picture of me, so I asked them to confirm it'd be $25 for the picture. Really nice guy in the photo team responded, "well, it's only $50 to continue the photo package onto the 2nd cruise for a back to back".

So, yay... $50 for the photo package, another 2 weeks, that's definitely a deal. Unfortunately, it was later on in the cruise before we found this out, but still, good deal!

For what it's worth, I discovered something interesting for back-to-back cruises. I bit the bullet and got us the $199 photo package for the first cruise. Still felt like even $199 would be too much for the 2nd of the B2B, so we didn't get that. On the 2nd cruise, they snapped a good picture of me, so I asked them to confirm it'd be $25 for the picture. Really nice guy in the photo team responded, "well, it's only $50 to continue the photo package onto the 2nd cruise for a back to back".

So, yay... $50 for the photo package, another 2 weeks, that's definitely a deal. Unfortunately, it was later on in the cruise before we found this out, but still, good deal!

I wonder if this depends on the ship, or rather who you ask? I called and asked Princess this very question when we did our back to back over the holidays and was informed that I would need to purchase two full price photo packages. I never thought to ask on the ship, but would have definitely done it for both cruises if I had known it would be only $50 extra!!