First cruise confused 3oz rule

gypsyleo

Because their shampoo is lousy. Bring whatever size of whatever you want but put it in your suitcase, not your carryon. We just learned the hard way. I bought vodka, bought a flask and it was bigger than 3 oz. We packed it in our carry on and they confiscated it at the airport. Coming home I packed my hairspray and sunscreen, both over 3 oz into my carryon and they took that too. PACK IT IN YOUR OTHER SUITCASES!

marlene

Because their shampoo is lousy. Bring whatever size of whatever you want but put it in your suitcase, not your carryon. We just learned the hard way. I bought vodka, bought a flask and it was bigger than 3 oz. We packed it in our carry on and they confiscated it at the airport. Coming home I packed my hairspray and sunscreen, both over 3 oz into my carryon and they took that too. PACK IT IN YOUR OTHER SUITCASES!

marlene

Hi Marlene:) When Solstice joined the fleet they upgraded all the

shampoos and conditioners on all the ships. It is a lemongrass and

I thought it was really nice. Left my hair very soft and a nice scent

as well.

I guess lousy to one person is lovely to someone else;)

Because their shampoo is lousy. Bring whatever size of whatever you want but put it in your suitcase, not your carryon. marlene

OK, I'll confess.I use handsoap or whatever is sitting around to wash and 'shampoo'. I can't stay up with what we are to wash ourselves with - fruits, animals, veggies, etc?? So I just use whatever the hotel, cruise ship, wife has in the shower. Heck, my daughter has at least 6 various jars or whatever sitting in her shower. I grab whatever and wash.

So I guess I'm the wrong one to respond if it's OK to use the ship's stuff. By the way, my daughter with her 6+ bottles of 'shower stuff'' used the ship 'stuff'. I hate to get technical referencing 'stuff'.

Denny

OK, I'll confess.I use handsoap or whatever is sitting around to wash and 'shampoo'. I can't stay up with what we are to wash ourselves with - fruits, animals, veggies, etc?? So I just use whatever the hotel, cruise ship, wife has in the shower. Heck, my daughter has at least 6 various jars or whatever sitting in her shower. I grab whatever and wash.

So I guess I'm the wrong one to respond if it's OK to use the ship's stuff. By the way, my daughter with her 6+ bottles of 'shower stuff'' used the ship 'stuff'. I hate to get technical referencing 'stuff'.

Denny

I'm Laughing so hard, I just about fell off my chair. Thank You, you have made my day!!!:D:D. I knew when i read the first few words that you HAD to be a male!! no woman would EVER say "I just use handsoap or whatever is sitting around to wash and shampoo" you are too funny. LOL

Melody:D

marlene

Well, I guess you are also inadvertantly commenting on the quality of their vodka. ;)

The 3 ounce per container, all the containers you can fit into a one quart baggie rule has been in effect for all of the domestic airlines for several years. Of course, they will confiscate anything containing more than 3 fluid ounces. Water bottles and all the rest of that stuff goes into the trash at the security checkpoint.

It wasn't because it was vodka in the container in your carryon luggage. It violated the 3 ounce rule for carryon luggage.

As a confession, I too am male. The shampoo and soap they have on board is just fine. But if they don't have my brand of liquor, @#$@#$@#$

Many years ago, I read a very interesting book by a female ob-gyn, who opined that virtually all of those cleansing, facial products etc. used by most women were totally useless; and, in some cases detrimental to the health of the user. While I am not a female, I also do not use any of the facial products etc. advertised for male use. I use Dove unscented soap for virtually everything, even shaving when I run out of shaving cream. Not only do I save a fair amount of money, I am healthier by virtue of the afloresaid regimen.

Archived