Back from cruise, Thank you Cruise Critics

newcruiserdave

Hi, back from the 3/16-3/26 cruise on QM2. I wanted to say thanks to all on the board who helped us prepare for and enjoy this cruise. The info gathered from posts here was very helpful. Getting to meet some folks on-line prior to the cruise was wonderful. We met several times on board and made what I hope are lasting friendships. (Yes, we did sign the CC book in the Library.) I had thought about posting a review, but I enjoyed it so much, I'm afraid I'd be under suspicion (lol). This first-time cruiser couldn't have asked for a better experience (though still lots of room for improvement on Cunard's end). I will monitor the boards and contribute anyway I can from my experience on this voyage.

I will add a few points. A specific point from discussions with others on board and the M'D: The first dinner seating was so crowded compared to the second, (due to greater requests) that they had less ability to solve service issues as in moving to another table, another (more-experienced) waiter, etc. If you want the best shot at a great dining experience in Brittainia, go for the second seating.

Tea in the Queen's Room was never crowded (1/2 tables empty).

We had lunch in Todd English on a sea day with only 2 other couples in the rest. (I personally thought it only a small step above Brit. dining room as far as quality of food and service.

The most important thing I learned was from Paul (ExplorerCA) and Anthony: The enjoyment you get out of a cruise depends on what you put into it. Positive attitude, flexibility and diving in to everything head first ensures a memorable experience.

I will definitely cruise again. On QM2? I would love too! However, the next one will be with my kids and Mom and Dad next year for their 50th anniv. As I'll be paying for all, I'll probably look for something a little cheaper -- any ideas?

Thanks Again,

David

Thanks David, for starting this thread. We agree with everything you said. What a wonderful cruise!! Meeting all the group from Cruise Critic made the voyage even more fun!! We had reservations about posting online and meeting on the ship. However, the new friendships we established enhanced the cruise tremendously. Another member of our group has posted a review on the "Cruise Reviews" section of Cruise Critic. We loved sailing on the QM2 and would go again without question. We enjoyed the food, the shows, the planatarium, the actors from RADA, the computer classes, the lectures, trivia, afternoon tea, special musical programs, and the spa. We look forward to continuing the friendships we made through Cruise Critic.

Beth and Jerry

We enjoyed meeting everyone on board, and being able to finally put faces with names. It was great to see familiar faces during the cruise and compare notes. As first time cruisers, this trip exceeded our expectations. Friends and family say we are still glowing. We hope to be back on QM2 in 2006!

Carolyn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>As I'll be paying for all, I'll probably look for something a little cheaper --any ideas?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stay tuned. With all the shuffling of the Cunard "deck" going on at the moment, there are bound to be some new discounted trips appearing.

Otherwise, you could do worse with a family than to spend a few days on the original Queen Mary docked at Long Beach. Besides what's on board, it's surrounded by trips to Catalina island, the Long Beach aquarium, and then all the usual LA stuff close by.

If you've never been, I can all but promise you that it will enhance your appreciation of QM2 and vice versa.

Queen Mary Long Beach website

Crouton

Archived