QUEEN MARY 2 STAMPS

KenC

Royal Mail are issuing a set of special 'Ocean Liner' stamps on April 13 to commemorate the QM2's maiden crossing from Southampton to New York. A great painting of QM2 is pictured on the First Class stamp. Below is a link for those interested in seeing them (you can also buy online) - but be warned you need good eyesight to read the Royal Mail website.

Royal Mail Stamps

Happy Easter icon_biggrin.gif

Ken

HI Ken,

I am going on the Maiden Transatlantic on 4-16. Do you know if I have to order these stamps in advance and have them shipped to the US or can I just go into the post office in Southampton and buy them on 4-16?

Any insight would be helpful.

Bon voyage

ken...speaking of stamps. just curious if you received the "posted onboard qm2" postcard i sent you from panama? some have received them, some have not... mike in wilton manors, fl

cruisr - you can buy the stamps at Post Offices anywhere in the UK from April 13. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a stock onboard QM2 as well.

Mike - apologies for not thanking you for the QM2 postcard before now. It was so thoughtful of you to do that and we were thrilled to receive it. Glad to hear you enjoyed QM2 and that many of the 'kinks' were getting sorted out. icon_biggrin.gif We have been distracted for the past 2 weeks by a very sick pooch (Oscar, our red setter). He had perititis resulting from a burst duodenal ulcer icon_eek.gif It was touch and go for a while but he has pulled through and is on the mend.

Regards

Ken

Hi Crouton

Talk about taking something over - Pride of the Clyde??? The stamps are as far as I know, to commemorate QM2's maiden transatlantic to New York not shipbuilding on the Clyde icon_rolleyes.gif

Won't be watching the dual arrival in Soton I'm afraid - we are taking a break in Oslo over that weekend before sailing back on the new Jewel of the Seas (it's her maiden arrival in Soton and she gets christened there shortly after) icon_biggrin.gif

It should be something spectacular on your tendem trip - hope you get a good crowd turn out in Soton to greet you.

Best wishes

Ken

Archived