Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

Ok, my mistake. It looks like they did reverse the charges on the final bill vs what I saw on the app.

The only charges that stuck have been due to being in Texas waters and their mandatory taxes.

Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah... those Texas ones are different. You will, as you have seen, be charged for those and they will remain on your folio.

Everything's bigger in Texas, including taxes.

Ok, my mistake. It looks like they did reverse the charges on the final bill vs what I saw on the app.

The only charges that stuck have been due to being in Texas waters and their mandatory taxes.

Sorry for the confusion.

That is great news!! Thank you so much.

Not just Texas waters, anywhere in USA waters, I had one tax charge that remained on and they said it was because we were still in port.

Doesn't make all that much sense though because we had a lot of drinks in port before we left NYC, but only one we were charged for. Oh well, wont complain.

How can we find out if Massachusetts will charge taxes on drinks while in port?

If the ship is in a USA port it will charge tax so being that Mass is in the United States tax will be charged while in port.

I too am getting the UBP and like to have a few drinks on vacation, but does anybody else think that 12 drinks a day might not be "social drinking"?

It is for me. I generally need that much to even attempt to put up with people.

And the actual number is closer to 10. :cool:

Edited by triptolemus

With the UBP (which I received with the promotion they are having right now) how many drinks per day can you order?

As many as you can handle, while remaining mostly upright and semi-conscious while keeping your attitude happy and yourself and those around you relatively safe.

.....sounds more like an "alcoholic" than "Social drinker". Then of course we have the "functioning alcoholics", some of which can drink 12 a day or "vacation drinkers" who can binge drink 12 a day :eek:

• 2 months later...

Looking for UBP threads without starting another :)

Looks like at present you can book just about everything, until the end of July, with an option of included UBP.

Looking at a March/April 2017 booking. If I book this and choose UBP (yes I know we'll pay the tip% on it), if there are any future price drops can I get these without losing the UBP or am I locked in to the fare as booked ?

Thanks

Edited by pspercy

I too am getting the UBP and like to have a few drinks on vacation, but does anybody else think that 12 drinks a day might not be "social drinking"?

DW and I don't start drinking until around 5pm. We normally drink more wine, some beer and an occasional martini or scotch.

We got the UBP free on our next cruise (Alaska) and it will be nice, but I won't be trying to outdo myself with booze.

My doctor says two or three drinks a day is fine, especially if it is red wine.

I must admit that I do more than that on a cruise, probably more like five drinks a day.

I won't pass judgment on others that double or triple my consumption, but I will say that I had friends that drank this way and they are no longer alive.

Looking at a March/April 2017 booking. If I book this and choose UBP (yes I know we'll pay the tip% on it), if there are any future price drops can I get these without losing the UBP or am I locked in to the fare as booked ?

Our experience has been that IF the promo is still available you can take advantage of the price drop to cancel your current reservation and rebook at the new lower price. However, if the new lower price does not include the promotion you would lose the UBP. We take the face value of the included promo item and consider that the break point, so if the new fare was less than the cost of the UBP alone, we would change and just buy the UBP.

It is always amusing how beverage package threads always end up with "helpful" sorts calling others alcoholics.

Very helpful .

I don't care how much the other passengers drink. Not my business. Now, the captain or other officers ... well that's another story!

• 2 years later...