Staying off of the ship until early morning-WindSurf

minidonuts85

Hello and Happy New Year!

I am looking at booking the Windsurf sailing on 12/29/2018 as it stays overnight in Jost Van Dyke on New Years Eve giving us the opportunity to attend the legendary Foxy's Old Years Eve celebration.

The Windsurf will be there from 8am on 12/31 and leaving at 6am 1/1.

Are there restrictions on staying off of the ship until the wee hours of the morning, say 1-2am? As long as we are back on before 6am?

Thanks!

They used to run tenders all night but anything is possible and after cancellations because of hurricanes this year, I would see if Foxy's is open or will be open in a year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks sb44; thats good to hear about possible all-night tenders.

Actually Foxy's is having their party tonight and JVD got power turned on today. The Soggy Dollar webcam is back up too!

Hopefully the 2018 hurricane season is much more kind to the BVIs.

Send me an email when you have a minute. Happy to answer your questions about that itinerary. Have done it several times. Love it and were booked again until the storms. Had to rebook for Barbados which will be new to us.

Send me an email when you have a minute. Happy to answer your questions about that itinerary. Have done it several times. Love it and were booked again until the storms. Had to rebook for Barbados which will be new to us.

Thanks!

Sent to sb44ins@gmail(dot)com

It’s been at least ten years since we overnighted in Quepos, Costa Rica. We arrived later in the evening and the captain let the crew off the Windstar for some r and r in town. There were also 5 or 6 college aged people and he let them go ashore as well. My children had taxi car trouble and arrived at the pier at 2:10, 10 minutes past mandatory last tender. There was however, one person still standing on the dock.

Captain Who Shall Remain Nameless assured them a tender would arrive shortly. And it did. :)

It’s been at least ten years since we overnighted in Quepos, Costa Rica. We arrived later in the evening and the captain let the crew off the Windstar for some r and r in town. There were also 5 or 6 college aged people and he let them go ashore as well. My children had taxi car trouble and arrived at the pier at 2:10, 10 minutes past mandatory last tender. There was however, one person still standing on the dock.

Captain Who Shall Remain Nameless assured them a tender would arrive shortly. And it did. :)

This is one of the reasons I love Wind Star!