pacific jewel access deck 10 forward

Hi swimmingpool50 me again.

Yes you can access the viewing platform on deck 10 Pacific Jewel. It was about my 3rd cruise on her before I found it. You have to go along the starboard passageway to the front then turn left to the centre The door is unlocked unless the weather is too rough.

It was great viewing the NZ fiords from there. Most passengers don't know the viewing platofrm exists. When leaving one of the NZ ports about 10 of us got stuck outside when the handle would turn. We yelled and shouted and tried to raise the alarm looking up at the bridge but it was ages before a crew member found someone who could open the door. We were frozen but it was a laugh. :eek:

thanks so much booked our first interior cabin right on the corner of this door way

was hoping there was access

usually have balcony cabins on the jewel, but trying a nice dark cabin we have been enjoying nanny naps

during the day especially after lunch

thanks so much booked our first interior cabin right on the corner of this door way

was hoping there was access

usually have balcony cabins on the jewel, but trying a nice dark cabin we have been enjoying nanny naps

during the day especially after lunch

Just make sure you tell your travel agent or P&O to mark your booking "no upgrades" if you want to retain this particular cabin. Otherwise you may find yourself upgraded to a better ( in P&O's opinion) cabin anywhere else on the ship.

• 1 month later...
Hi swimmingpool50 me again.

Yes you can access the viewing platform on deck 10 Pacific Jewel. It was about my 3rd cruise on her before I found it. You have to go along the starboard passageway to the front then turn left to the centre The door is unlocked unless the weather is too rough.

It was great viewing the NZ fiords from there. Most passengers don't know the viewing platofrm exists. When leaving one of the NZ ports about 10 of us got stuck outside when the handle would turn. We yelled and shouted and tried to raise the alarm looking up at the bridge but it was ages before a crew member found someone who could open the door. We were frozen but it was a laugh. :eek:

I have a inside on deck10 forward Pacific Jewel going to PNG in Oct. First time I have booked a cabin forward and also first for P&O. Usually book mid or aft cabins. Just wondering how much movement you get being forward. I could change booking to GTY and hope for a Mid or Aft. I am not bad with seasickness but usually have ginger with me. Also I have a queen bed atm just afraid I might end up with bunk beds if I go GTY.

Edited by wombat13
additional info