Follow the drink packages on Freedom of the Seas - 4/14 to 4/22

I spent the morning in the solarium. There were a few passing showers but I had a chair right under the roof so my stuff stayed dry. I sat in the pool while it passed with a melon mojito. The drink of the day. Something I noticed is a few weeks ago I saw someone posting the drink of the day at $8. They are now $10. I didn't have my camera with me when I ordered so I couldn't get a pic of the sign. 44fd1bc76efc1a06cdbdc26450b3db5d.jpgfdd24c4cc1f561e57d5e10a4ade40514.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Coconut mojitos were my FAVE last cruise! You must try one if you like coconut.

Also love to hear about the chair police. I’m not a chair hog, nor am I confrontational, so I worry about not getting one. Hope they’re doing this on Harmony as well!

Harmony 06/02/18

Had a wonderful day in St. Kitts. Did a beach break through RCI and it took us to cockleshell beach. It's a nice beach and a few of the 9 of us who went snorkeled and seemed happy with what they saw. But there was some jelly fish so I jumped out before they got me. The drinks are ridiculous. $5 for a 6oz beer. Worse than on the ship.

Got back on the ship around 230 and got something to eat and to the pool while it was relatively empty. I got the melon mojito today and realized that this was the drink of the day yesterday for $10 and had 1 shot. As a regular drink it is $12 with 2 shots. So 2 drinks and I was lit. This tells me its better to pay full price for a drink than spend more on the drink of the day.

Now a cup of coffee before grabbing a drink and heading to dinner. Tonight is the ice skating show and Love and Marriage.

Today was a low drink day for me. My stomach is just full from all the food and drinks. So I took it easy. Just 2 melon mojitos at the pool and one crown royal old fashioned for a night cap. First time I had it and it's not bad for end of the night drink. After ordering I went to the next cruise office and put a hold on a 2020 sailing. I am waiting to hear if my husband will go for it so I can book it tomorrow. Not sure if I'm feeling the non refundable deposit though.

Early to bed tonight. Tomorrow is finally a port day. St. Kitts. We are just doing a beach break. Hopefully I can find a chair under an umbrella.

Any issues getting drinks at the bars? Low bar staff has been a complaint on CC recently. Any issues getting drinks at the MDR or specialty restaurants? Great review - love it. Cheers.

Following, Following. :) I will be on Freedom as she makes her first trip out of her new San Juan home on May 12. This will be a girls only trip for us (mom & daughter) as we leave our DHs at home. I've been on Freedom twice before (most recently in Feb 2017), while DD has never sailed on FOS. Both of us have the drink package and are looking forward to relaxing and not worrying about the end-of-cruise surprise slid under the door. Like you, we have been wondering about drinks to try and what will be on the MDR menu. Have a wonderful time!

Any issues getting drinks at the bars? Low bar staff has been a complaint on CC recently. Any issues getting drinks at the MDR or specialty restaurants? Great review - love it. Cheers.
No problems at all. And lots of bar staff walking around the pool deck too.

Love this review! Could you snap a few pics of the scotch, whiskey and bourbon selection? I’ve seen some menus, but the most recent posts have been from bigger ships.

We will be on Freedom soon and we have the drink package.

Thanks!

I don't drink those but here is a pic from the schooner bar. Hope you can read it. d33bc9fb2916fbc8163d3bf7bb0c99ec.jpg

Bikini Martini..... sounds amazing...... I absolutely love Martini's....

I know alot of people shy away from them because they think they are strong....but mmmmmm my favorite

You can make those a little stronger depending on the coconut rum you use. Malibu and Parrot Bay are both 48 proof I believe so it’s not too strong w/those. You can use Brinley Gold Shipwreck, which is made in St. Kitts but available in the U.S., which is 72 proof (my choice), or you can use Parrot Bay 90 proof and really give it a kick. There are other brands I have never used such as Cruzan that might be somewhere in between.

Thanks for the pic!!

The shelf looks a little empty. Leave some for us!! [emoji854]

Enjoy your cruise!

I realized after some were on the counter. I'll see if I can get a pic in the morning before it's gone. Lol

Ok. Now back on track. Gonna pick up where I left off at the end of day 4 in St. Kitts. After dinner we went to the ice show and Love and Marriage. We got to the ice show late, even though it was still well before show time but had trouble finding seats. There were 2 shows today and then another 2 on Thursday. But I want aware of that at the time. I had a few melon mojitos this night. Maybe 3 or 4 and ended my night with the crown royal old fashioned. 13c3ece8d968fed48df859bfa1b90cd7.jpg039ca2e6b8b6b2a363e6ac06829715ad.jpg

Day 5 found us in St. Maartin. 14 of us did a jeep tour of the island. It was a long excursion from 930am to 4. With all aboard at 430 I knew we were cutting it close. But we booked through the ship and felt secure in our transport. It was pouring when we first left. The streets were all flooded and I was a bit worried if it kept raining how bad that would become. It was an excellent tour and our guide was excellent. St. Maartin is destroyed though. I don't think we could ride more than 2 minutes through a better part of the island without seeing a boat laying on the side of the island or a house with a missing second story. It's so sad to see this beautiful island demolished. But the people are strong and they are rebuilding as best as they can.

We stopped for an hour and a half at Friars Bay I believe and ate at an expensive bar and restaurant. The guide Dianne said it's not where she usually stops but there are limited places open. It had stopped raining by this time but it was still cloudy so only a handful of people went into the water. She talked a few of our group into trying the iguana stew. They said the consistency was like chicken but had more of a beefy taste. And it was very boney. A lot of work for a little meat. They all said it was good but not likely to purchase again. They said the broth was amazing. My husband got the chicken kabobs with a jerk sauce that were very good.

We continued our ride and made a few stops at lookouts and a little straw market type place. I am not a fan of these and bought something just to buy something. We stopped for a quick half hour at Maho beach. This was my favorite stop. I was so hot by this time as the sun had been out for a few hours. I jumped right in the water. I could have stayed there all day and maybe next visit that will be my plan.

We made fast friends with our guide and even exchanged information. She said next time let her know and she will give us a private tour.

When the tour was over we went back to the shop where we turned in our jeeps but the bus driver was stuck in rush hour traffic. Which was just stopped in front of us. I'll admit I started to get a little panicked but he got there just in time and even though all aboard was 430 we were back before the 5 sail away. But we were the last ones on.

It was 510 when we got back to our room and at least half of us said no way we were gonna try and make it to 530 dinner. On the way up to the room I stopped but the Bull and Bear pub and grabbed a New Castle Brown Ale. I'm not a big beer drinker but I've been discovering I like these heavier beers much better. 5a8c04fb149244033f6d48d648f63767.jpg

We then went off for a quick dip in the pool before heading to the windjammer for dinner. Where I ate way too much. All this food is feeling like a rock in my stomach. About 830 we went to the On Air club and caught some Karaoke while I had a few coconut mojitos. They are good but the sweetness started to get to me. We then got in early to The Quest. Which was funny as always but honestly it's getting a bit predictable to me. I wish they could come up with different questions. We ended the night with Sorrentos pizza and another crown royal old fashioned.

Yesterday we were in San Juan, Puerto Rico. By this time all of our feet and legs were swollen and sore from all the walking. Most of us did not book any excursions and decided to just walk off. Originally I had printed a walking tour and map but in the end we walked one block, bought shirts for our grandsons and got back on. It was too hot and we were too sore for much more.

Back on the boat we went right to the windjammer for lunch at 1130. We had skipped breakfast since we were so full from the night before. Then we got changed to lounge by the pool for the rest of the day. Today I tried a frozen strawberry mojito.

I got this one from the bar right out the door from where the windjammer is. It was perfect. I had 2 more from the solarium bar and was not impressed. They didn't mix them enough and it was just chunks of ice I couldn't get through the straw. ced177aadf40b67aff0b0f0db1f5629f.jpg

Around 3 I went up for a nap and shower as it was formal night. Everyone seemed excited for the lobster. Brian ended up having 6 of them. Lol. I had no plans for the night after dinner and planned on just walking around. I went to the schooner bar where I had 2 Moscow mules. I do not have a picture even though I swear I took one. This has happened a few times. So maybe the drinks were getting to me. Lol.

After a few drinks everyone seemed to be going to the show. So I followed along where I got a strawberry mojito.

Now for reference, at home I normally have rum in water and I use Mio to add some flavor. So all this sugar is really getting to me. I would have rum and diet coke but I worry about all the caffeine. But honestly I've been hardly sleeping. I think I have a major case of FOMO.