Scenic reservations problem,anyone?

alexandra cruiser

I m using a TA and put payment on for cruise for next year(last week) and the TA still can t get a updated payment invoice from Scenic.He says cruise "waiting for bank transfer of funds",but was made on a credit card.Seems odd to me.TA claims Scenic has good reviews and just "problem with reservation dept".Have used this TA in past with great results and now wondering if others have had similar problems with this cruiseline?

Have never used Scenic before and getting discouraged.

Any ideas?:confused:

Don't get discouraged. Scenic is a very good company, your current issue will be resolved soon I am sure. I have dealt directly with Scenic in Vancouver and also through a TA and have never had any issues at all. Love their product, people and service and taking my second cruise with them in August.

We (TA and I) have noticed that sometimes the people in the reservation office - while very nice - aren't always "spot on".... Ask your TA to call again. If they still say funds haven't been transferred, ask them if there are issues with anyone else. Or - have your TA ask to speak with someone else.

We had an issue with trying to make our choice of tours in Budapest, and the website kept saying we hadn't filled out our Passenger Information Form - which we had done weeks before... TA called - simple fix.... Someone forgot to "flick the switch" to open the file...

Fran

Hi All, in the UK Scenic advise you that receipts are sent usually some weeks after payment is cleared, although our two have come through faster than they advise. We book directly with Scenic and they are usually pretty good if you call them. At the moment taking a break from packing for next Tuesday of to Amsterdam to join Scenic Diamond for 15 days to Basel. Long range weather forecast shows only a little rain but quite chilly so jumpers etc. Will try to post a report on our return and if possible a few tit bits en route.

Have a great trip with Scenic

Hi All, in the UK Scenic advise you that receipts are sent usually some weeks after payment is cleared, although our two have come through faster than they advise. We book directly with Scenic and they are usually pretty good if you call them. At the moment taking a break from packing for next Tuesday of to Amsterdam to join Scenic Diamond for 15 days to Basel. Long range weather forecast shows only a little rain but quite chilly so jumpers etc. Will try to post a report on our return and if possible a few tit bits en route.

Have a great trip with Scenic

odd,because on original downpayment I got a confirmation email that day.And for second one,now over a week.Did email my TA AGAIN and waiting for Monday to hear back.Was worried they had financial problems or sold out cruise,etc.Have fun and do post review on member review section when you get back.;)

did check and credit card charged and TA got "transaction approval"email ,but still no paid receipt.

Now 2 wks. and he assures me cabin is held,cruise is booked,but very strange and not happy with the whole thing.TA agrees with me on this.

Cruise BETTER BE GREAT,or may NOT take another with Scenic.

If they want to entice an American market,they better update their reservation dept.HINT!!:confused:

Hello Alexander Cruiser.

Is this your deposit? I have checked on my paperwork and it does advise that an email or post will take about 14 days. I am sure you will enjoy your cruise and you must not worry a company that is just about to launch its latest river cruiser, Scenic Jewel this month and I believe another is planned and that this winter they have upgraded all their other Scenic Spaceships to Scenic Crystal standards which is a very high specification, they have not upgraded Scenic Emerald but she has been moved to the French waterways and was I believe their oldest boat (about 5 years old).

If you enjoy luxury accommodation, superb service, very good food, and apart from top shelf brands all beverages are complimentary plus excellent friendly staff and good excursion choices, you will enjoy your cruise.

I have just finished packing, had a small shock, case overweight so my shoes are now in my husbands case. We leave tomorrow morning.

I do hope you enjoy your cruise.

I'm a bit of a control freak. Had this happened to me at some point I would finally in frustration go around the TA and call Scenic myself. And then I would get really pushy! I either have a reservation or I don't and I want it in writing today and not weeks from now.

This is a very poor business model and it will certainly not sit well with folks looking to sail with Scenic. IMHO

Hello nana541

This is why I have never booked a holiday anywhere in the world through a ta I always deal directly in this case with the cruise line but also for the many other places across the world we have traveled to. Us control freaks have to stick together!

I just paid the remainder for our upcoming Avalon trip this past Monday. Checked my cc account online Tuesday morning and although the charge wasn't showing yet my "available" balance had dropped dramatically. Later that day rec'd a call from my t.a. saying he had my receipt emailed from Avalon waiting for me in his office. Picked it up Wed showing $0 owing.

Hello nana541

This is why I have never booked a holiday anywhere in the world through a ta I always deal directly in this case with the cruise line but also for the many other places across the world we have traveled to. Us control freaks have to stick together!

Admittedly a control freak for sure! I do however Always use a TA, as a good one is a back up person for when things go wrong. Also many TA's dealing with "Lux" travel ( many Rivercruise Co, Regent, Seabourn, Crystal, Silverseas, etc) offer really wonderful benefits (OBC, rebates, gratuities and more).

I go crazy when I feel I have lost control but I can't do without a great TA.

In the OP's case I would have gone around my TA so fast it would have made her head spin. But that's just me when I'm in a pissy state of mind :)

All that aside I think that "many" cruiseline offer wonderful "onboard" experience but have lots of back office shore side service issues.

have contacted my TA again.He agrees "seems strange" and will keep checking.

Am really wondering about the companies finances and policies now.

This is just the 2nd downpayment,worry about FINAL one(if it gets that far).

In over 20 yrs. of travel, this has never happened to me.

Despite reassurance of posters above, I am NOT a happy camper(or cruiser either,it seems):confused::confused:

In over 20 yrs. of travel, this has never happened to me.

Despite reassurance of posters above, I am NOT a happy camper(or cruiser either,it seems):confused::confused:

Did you call this company directly yourself and "DEMAND" answers?? The other thing would be to call your credit card company and simply have them retrieve your payment! By I would definitely call and get pushy!

Wishing you a wonderful trip when this is all straightened out :)

They have a Facebook page though I noticed its all one way communication, Scenic never responds to any comments but there is a Belleview Washington address and a phone # I think it's time to protect your investment and call them. Your TA is not putting his money at risk so this would be your loss.

We made final payment to Scenic about a week ago. I could see the transaction on my credit card, then called and requested a receipt, which was sent promptly. I think they're perfectly reputable.

Thinking this is a TA not really doing their job! IMO

Thinking this is a TA not really doing their job! IMO

Agree nana, he should be all over it by now, not just "seems strange". When I recently sent Avalon a question as to where their usual meeting place was for our cruise they responded with they won't know until 30 days before sailing. When I went into the t.a.'s to pick up my receipt for our trip he had a copy of the email from Avalon answering my question and said to ask him in future. If he didn't have the answer he'd get it as he said that's what he's being paid to do.

and make decision about this.Have called and get same answer as TA "waiting for bank transaction" and manager said "company policy".Also said to deal thru my TA since I booked with them.As said before,have dealt with this agent 3 times with good results.Checked with CC and transaction went thru on March 19.(and this was confirmed with Scenic).Have been "assured" all is fine(but no printed confirmation of this).Will let you know and great to have other ideas.Just very poor customer service and for a first timer,maybe a deal breaker.:(

and make decision about this.Have called and get same answer as TA "waiting for bank transaction" and manager said "company policy".Also said to deal thru my TA since I booked with them.As said before,have dealt with this agent 3 times with good results.Checked with CC and transaction went thru on March 19.(and this was confirmed with Scenic).Have been "assured" all is fine(but no printed confirmation of this).Will let you know and great to have other ideas.Just very poor customer service and for a first timer,maybe a deal breaker.:(

So sorry you are having these issues with what should be an exciting adventure! I am such a control freak that it would be a deal breaker for me. Credit card clearing March 19 and nothing yet and it's what April 6th, sorry I'd let them know exactly where they could out their river cruise and advise them their business model just lost them a customer. Not to mention the cruisers on this board you have shared this with!

My suggestion is to look into Avalon or AMA! Keep us posted, guess Scenic and Viking are now on my "no" list.

Are you doing 2 cruises??

I do not understand why you have to pay a 2nd downpayment

We put our down payment then 90 days prior we paid the balance

Archived